Author Topic: centermark tulle "Help"  (Read 13566 times)

Offline duca

centermark tulle "Help"
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
anyone know if centermark arms are still making guns?
heard they are good guns.
tryed to call but no one answerd the phone. just orderd one from totw. Tulle fusil de chasse,
20ga smoothbore,r.e. davis lock. niceeeeeeeee! ??? ???
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 02:45:47 AM by duca »
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: centermark tulle "Help"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 04:36:59 AM »
I know Centre Mark was producing until very recently at least.  Our buddy Hatchet Jack bought himself one of their 20 gauge guns as a back up to his first one.  I saw it unfired, and I'll tell you, the fit, stain, finish and brown on the metal were first rate.  However, the musket cracked him in the cheek, so I bent the but down in the wrist to increase the drop at comb and heel.  Now it's user friendly.  I don't have an addy or phone, but I could get it if you're interested.  I'm sure they advertise in one or all of the BP mags.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline duca

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:46 PM »
thanks taylor, called centermark the outher day and talked to a worker there that said yes they are still making guns there. got mine from totw yesterday and love it. had to heat the frizzon spring a little and bend it to make it work right. i think its still posted there AAG-722 thanks again; Anthony.....
...and on the eighth day

Offline alex e.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:30:11 AM »
Your lucky to get a hold of a real person.i tried for months to talk to some one to get some parts for a Grenadier gun.  After talking to an "agent" of theirs,and finding     they had no parts,I built one from other sources.
They
 are a well made gun, overpriced IMO & are quite a ways from being 'period correct"

Good shooting,Alex
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Offline duca

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
took the tulle out to day! it went great. shot round ball with patch. .600 with .o17 patch, 60 gr. 2F powder.
15 rds no miss-fires. all ove the black at 25 yds. still gona experiment. any thoughts?  ::)
...and on the eighth day

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
took the tulle out to day! it went great. shot round ball with patch. .600 with .o17 patch, 60 gr. 2F powder.
15 rds no miss-fires. all ove the black at 25 yds. still gona experiment. any thoughts?  Roll Eyes
How was it to shoot? I have been very interested in one of these but have always heard they were a bear to shoot and I want it to hunt and skeet shoot with.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
Dennis, I've had one of the older ones, built before the new ownership.  Great finish, and fit.  Mine shoots great, but took range time to get used to it, but is accurate enough for minute of deer, at out to 35 yards, with a .595 ball, and 70 grains of FFFG.  I've taken a turkey with it.  Load was 90 gr. of #5 shot, and 80 grains of FFG, and using only shot cards, fiber wads blew the shot pattern.  It was a 20 yard shot, and the bird had 9 shot in the kill zone.  If you've shot with a shotgun, and comfortable with no rear sight it's not much of a problem, shooting round ball take more range work.  Those are my results, your's may vary.  It's a fun gun to shoot, and I can't compare it to others as it's my only smoothy.  Authenticity, is a little lacking, in that to be more correct, the barrel should be in the white, and at least 44", and not browned.  Also the stock should be walnut.  I think Davis offers a kit that is more correct, and is pretty reasonable, about the same as the finished Centremark.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline duca

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 02:19:39 AM »
Wow, went to the range today and what a difference. i used 70gr. 3F, pre-lubed fiber wad, .6oo ball, then a thin over shot disc. 3"inch group at 25yards. this gun IS nice to shoot. i'd like to post a pic. how do i do that? Anthony..........
...and on the eighth day

bdurham

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 04:22:36 AM »
Anthony,

You can post your images to
http://imageshack.us/

Each image you post will have a unique address in your browser.

You can copy and paste those addresses and place them between the (img)(/img) tags that get inserted using the toolbar above (2nd button from left on bottom row of toolbar). Note that I used parentheses, but the toolbar will place square brackets around the 'img' text.

Anyway, you can insert as many links to images as you want in your posts by including the links from your image hosting site between the (img)(/img) tags.

Happy shooting,

Mal

Offline duca

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 04:36:10 AM »
http://yfrog.com/0aaag7225j here is a picture of the tulle.
...and on the eighth day

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 05:54:38 PM »
  Those are my results, your's may vary.  It's a fun gun to shoot, and I can't compare it to others as it's my only smoothy. 
Thanks Bill, I have been looking at the Davis kit and almost ordered it but I had heard that Tulle's were not very pleasant to shoot.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

lew wetzel

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »
heres your image...

Offline duca

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 06:18:34 PM »
thanks lew! thats one of the pics from totw. will try to send some of my own soon. i dont think this gun is a bear to shoot at all.
...and on the eighth day

Online t.caster

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »
I used to think Tulles were the coolest looking smoothy out there....until I shot one! One of my brothers loaned me his for a woodswalk. He said you have to aim 3" hi and 2" left to have a chance of hitting anything, The drop was too far,  and pull was too short for me. Wasn't much fun to shoot because it just didn't fit me!
It only comes in one size as far as I know...so make sure it fits you before you spend the money! That's what I don't like about KIT guns, one size don't fit all!
Still think they are cool looking though!
Tom C.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
I have owned and shot a Tulle since about 1978.  I bought the gun from Ray Woodall before Centermark was ever started.  By the way, Woodall went by another business name before Centermark and after I bought my Tulle.  My Tulle shots where I aim it.  The barrel was tuned at Friendship by Lizard.  It has never once slapped my on the cheek.  However, when I load it up past my usual 65-70 grains it will sometimes slap my middle finger with the trigger guard bow.

Randy Hedden

American Mountain Men #1393

lew wetzel

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 07:17:32 PM »
one of my first muzzleloaders was a tulle....it was a thumper but never gave me a shiner or really slapped me....i carried it on a few trekks and when i started emmulating lewis wetzel i had to get something different more pc...kind of wish i would have held on to it for turkey season....others mileage will very...you either like them or ya dont...

J Shingler

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:16 AM »
I bought mine in a kit form from Ray Woodall and shot it in the white first. Slapped me pretty good and brought it home and took about 1/8" off the comb. Perfect! Never hurt me again and it is a great shooter.

I was up to the Log Cabin a few weeks ago and dan told me that they worked out a deal with Centermark that they are now the distributor for Centermark. They still wanted to build guns but did not have time for all the phone calls and going to shows. So that is where Log Cabin comes in. Last I was there they had five in stock. Three finished and two in the white.
Jeff

Offline duca

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 02:56:57 AM »
hey guys, thats some pretty good feed back. like i said, i really like shooting the tulle. this centermark is well built and feels great. the only thing i dont like is the hex-head vent liner. i will be putting a white lighting in real soon. dont know why people put hex-head vent liners in, so not correct

...and on the eighth day, God
                                             created the Longrifle...     
...and on the eighth day

J Shingler

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 03:56:03 AM »
"dont know why people put hex-head vent liners in, so not correct "
I never liked them either. Jims White Lightning is all I use now too.