Author Topic: CLA Artist Series -- Jack Haugh by Mel Hankla  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
CLA Artist Series -- Jack Haugh by Mel Hankla
« on: April 16, 2009, 03:28:59 AM »
I just uploaded the next article in the CLA Artist Series.  This is the article on Jack Haugh written by Mel Hankla.  Since Mel was the subject of praise in another topic, it pleases me to have this ready and recommend his article to you.   I talked with Mel this morning about the article and enjoyed working with him.

Many of you know Jack, so to remind you of his considerable skills is probably unnecessary.  I was impressed by the photos I was given.  A number of them were not in the magazine.  Among the extras are photos of the rifle Jack made for the CLA auction last fall.  These were not available for the July MB article. 

I hope you will take a look at the article and the extra photos:
www.blackpowdermag.com
The link to Jack's article is on the lower left of the page.  The "CLA Articles" link at the top will take you to a CLA article listing as well.

Regards,
Pletch
PS:  I believe that the article about Frank and Lally House is next in the pipeline.
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Ben Gorey

Re: CLA Artist Series -- Jack Haugh by Mel Hankla
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:10:35 AM »
Just a point of interest:  I have a Haugh iron mounted southern style rifle (very plain) made in the mid 1960's.  40 cal Bill Large barrel and shoots good.

Ben Gorey