Author Topic: Details third Flintlock  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Adrie luke

Details third Flintlock
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »
In the Netherlands it is not allowed by law to build a full scale rifle. Here I have some pictures of the details of building the swivel breech. It is all about learning, building but the most is to dare.

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Re: Details third Flintlock
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
WOW -- truly a work of art! It is a lovely rifle and it's too bad you can not make it full size as you have amazing talent. How long did it take you to build the complete rifle?  That lock is fabulous!!! What more can I say----.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Flint62Smoothie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »
Amazing work, you are quite talented!

In the Netherlands it is not allowed by law to build a full scale rifle.
That is just so wrong and not only distressing to hear ... but I had no idea it was THAT restrictive!

Some European countries can't have modern military arms and there's some amazing reennactor groups portraying the French & Indian War ~mid-1700s timeframe and even that of the American Revolution.

I myself am a fan of the early Dutch arms and their history, like the recent movie 'The Admiral' about Michiel de Ruyter. Those that haven't heard of him MUST watch that movie on Netflix! I have an original Dutch infantry musket circa 1771 (see: http://www.11thpa.org/dutch-arms.html) but don't belive it was shipped 'here' until after the AR was over. I also have a replica 17th century Dutch club butt musket of 75-cal bore (~19mm) in a 60" (~152.4cm) barrel.

From my readings of how prolific and innovators as traders the early Dutch were and I'm often surprised that they did not command the place that England did in the 18th century. Like the French, where they too didn't colonize 'New France' for colonization purposes per se - but rather had habitants, French Marines, milicien and courier de bois in place primarily to support the establishment of the fur trade ... and I wonder how things could have been quite different for the Dutch had they really persued colonization, with the pursuit they did for trade.

Best wishes to you sir, you clearly have talent and GREAT vision!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:58:44 PM by Flint62Smoothie »
All of my muzzleloaders will shoot into one ragged hole ALL DAY LONG ... it's just the 2nd or 3rd & other shots that tend to open up my groups ... !

Offline kudu

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:38:56 PM »
Might I be so bold and even Rude as to say you need to get out of the Netherlands - and some place you can build some "life size shooters"  your small size builds are just amazing!

You cant imagine the fun in, shooting Black Powder  at targets ie. Woodswalks ,or hunting,or even trap with a smoothie just plain fun!

Maybe Canada or The States, or even my neck of the woods Michigan.
Be happy to have ya.

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 02:16:47 AM »
  Yep come hide in the Michigan back woods. Love to have yeah. Oldtravler

Offline Timothy88

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 03:02:18 AM »
That is really cool!