Author Topic: Alway nice when a friend stops by with a "show and tell".  (Read 3139 times)

eddillon

Alway nice when a friend stops by with a "show and tell".
« on: April 13, 2017, 11:20:26 PM »
A friend stopped by today seeking information about this percussion half stock.  Didn't have to look too far to find the name of this fine half stock.  Just thought it would be nice to share pictures of a .32 cal. rifle that has been, and will remain in, a California pioneer family.

Clear Nehemiah Barnhart signature on top flat.

Right side.

Golcher lock

Nice iron patchbox.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:32:03 PM by aka california eddillon »

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Alway nice when a friend stops by with a "show and tell".
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 12:53:35 AM »
Very cool rifle in great shape with a history.
Andover, Vermont

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 01:34:34 AM »
Nice Ohio rifle. It's always fun at show and tell and even better when they come to you.
JIM

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:43:05 AM »
Ed,
That's a very nice Nehemiah Barnhart rifle, they don't come much better. I just sold 3 Barnhart's for a friend and one that he kept is a Nehemiah, he's a descendent, as is another friend. If your friend ever decides to let it come home to Ohio please keep me in mind.
Mark
Mark

eddillon

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 02:18:25 AM »
Ed,
That's a very nice Nehemiah Barnhart rifle, they don't come much better. I just sold 3 Barnhart's for a friend and one that he kept is a Nehemiah, he's a descendent, as is another friend. If your friend ever decides to let it come home to Ohio please keep me in mind.
Mark
I'll pass the word but I don't hold much hope that it is movable.

Offline EC121

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »
There are more Barnhart rifles and their tools in the Ross County Historical Museum in Chillicothe, OH.  The items are on loan and may not be there now.  The Barnharts were from Green Township in north Ross County.  I had a rifle from William the elder.  It had almost a "micro-groove" type rifling.  Many small lands and grooves.  I went to school in Chillicothe with Barnharts of that family line.
Brice Stultz