Author Topic: Knoxville TN Show  (Read 8495 times)

Offline gibster

Knoxville TN Show
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:21:58 PM »
Who is headed to the Knoxville show this week?  My wife and I will be headed there starting Thursday morning, good Lord willing.  12+ hours of driving, but looking forward to another great show. 

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
Re: Knoxville TN Show
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
I am headed that way Thursday morning myself Gibster. I look forward to this show every year.
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline gibster

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:09:31 PM »
You and me both. Looking forward to seeing you again Jim.

Offline louieparker

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »
I have been wondering how many ALR members are attending and what they are bringing for everyone to gaze upon ???   LP

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:07:09 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D....I'll be there Friday afternoon & Saturday morning....So, Louie....please bring some A.F. Gross rifles for us to enjoy....!!!

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »
 Will be there the full weekend. Jack Duprey an I will have a table. Jack of course will have his Soddys there I'm quite sure.  Stop by an say Hi.  Oldtravler

Offline louieparker

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »
CDF......Sorry no Gross rifles this time.  But a friend is bringing an iron mounted rifle that you will enjoy  looking at.  A very unique rifle. Previously in the Jim Gordon collection. It has some features that I have never seen on another rifle. Well used and very cool !  Louie

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »
Larry Floyd (AKA Blue light) and I will head out Thu morning for our 7 hour trip. We will have a table so stop by and introduce yourself. I will bring the iron mounted NC rifle I have listed on the CLA site. Will probable have a couple other rifles with me. Will also have copies of my book for sale. Great show you should make plans to attend. Oh David Ease will also attend, ALR will be well represented.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 01:14:05 AM »
 ??? ??? ???...Got a new book, Dennis..?? ..... Also would like to buy a copy of Dave Byrd's latest book....Bring a couple Gillespie rifles.... gotta talk...found a pic of that Cove M*G rifle in a book...!!!

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:04:18 AM »
Book is not new but a revised second edition.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 04:01:34 AM »
My wife, Boo, and I plan to be there.  :) Be sure to say hello. Wayne
Wayne Elliott

Offline VP

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 05:14:40 AM »
I will be making the trip also. I will have on my table all the Kentucky Rifle Foundation products for sale. I will also have for the first time a newly discovered John Bonewitz rifle out for its first public viewing.

VP

Hessian

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 05:49:20 PM »
Would like to make it but have prior commitment Saturday and work till 3:00 on Friday. (I'm about 2-3 hrs away) What time will the show close on Friday?

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 06:06:42 PM »
I am going to attend and set up a display of North Carolina Longrifles from 6 schools.  I will have my four new books on North Carolina Schools and Banded Powder Horns for sale.

Michael
C. Michael Briggs

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 06:15:30 PM »
Would like to make it but have prior commitment Saturday and work till 3:00 on Friday. (I'm about 2-3 hrs away) What time will the show close on Friday?

See hours/show infor here http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=41748.0
Most of the table holders and many of the non-table holders will be eating bar-b-q dinner around 6 or so. The show actually closes for the night at 8:30PM
Dennis

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »
I've never been to the Knoxville show.  I would love to come down on Friday see the show both days, but just can't swing it this year.  I'm considering driving down early Saturday morning.  It's about a 3 hour drive and I could get there by about 9:00am or so.

Do most of the exhibitors stay until the 2:00pm closing time on Saturday?  Or are they bailing out at noon?

I need to plan better next year.

-Ron
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:11:42 AM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline gibster

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 02:09:54 AM »
Ron - I can't speak for the other table holders. But I will probably be packing up about 1pm. In years past, there were still lots of folks with wares to sell. It would be well worth the 3-hour drive.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 03:40:27 AM »
I've never been to the Knoxville show.  I would love to come down on Friday see the show both days, but just can't swing it this year.  I'm considering driving down early Saturday morning.  It's about a 3 hour drive and I could get there by about 9:00am or so.

Do most of the exhibitors stay until the 2:00pm closing time on Saturday?  Or are they bailing out at noon?

I need to plan better next year.

-Ron
IN my experience you want to get there at the opening bell on Saturday.  They packed up fast the day I made it by 9 my time, and 10 local.  Was really disappointing.  This was at Norris.  Things may be a bit more relaxed at the new venue, I've not been able to make it yet.

Best bet is early AS POSSIBLE- if you absolutely cannot make Friday  ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:41:56 AM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind

Offline EC121

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 04:01:03 AM »
Tim Cosby, Kenny Nichols, and I are having tables.  We usually start packing up around noon.  Depends on how far a person has to drive.  We have about a five hour drive to my house, and then Tim has to drive about another hour.  No point in getting there in the middle of the night.
Brice Stultz

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 04:59:20 AM »
The show invitation flyer contains the following: "Please no vacating tables before Saturday at 2:00 p.m." I know that is inconvenient for folks with an 6-8 hour drive, but I worry about folks who can't come on Friday and arrive on Saturday late morning to find an evaporating show.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:02:20 AM by WElliott »
Wayne Elliott

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 04:46:58 PM »
 ;) ;)...Thanx, Wayne.... Appreciate that,....before I retired, had to drive 5 hours after work on Friday night to get to show... if I had waited until Saturday, show would be over...!!! ....always good to see everyone.... AND the guns too...!!!... looking forward to talking TENNESSEE RIFLES...!!! ... see you'ns there......!!!

image uploader

Offline gibster

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
Just wanted to say THANKS to Wayne and Boo for another great show. Lots of great southern rifles and friends to spend time with.  There were even some from north of the Mason Dixon line. For anyone who didn't make it to the show, put it on your calendar for next year. You'll be glad you did.

Offline EC121

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
Looks like someone took Mike Brooks's picture while he was there.   ;D   Looks like him on the right.  I didn't see him walk by my table.  We had a good time.  Sold a rifle and bought a rifle and told a lot of tales.  No point in bringing money home when I can bring a rifle.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:11:53 PM by EC121 »
Brice Stultz

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 06:21:35 PM »
 :D :D :D....  Great show as always.....!!! ... IMO, this was one of the BEST....Thanx to Wayne, Boo, and Randall & anyone else involved in organizing the show.....got to see some FINE rifles, got opinions on my Mexican War powderhorn, and actually saved $1,000 ...!!!!(someone beat me to a good deal on an original SW Virginia rifle) ..Rick Lambert & Jack DuPrey had some rifles I was coveting, however.......See You'ns down the trail...!!!

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 12:35:56 AM »
Thanks to Wayne, Boo, Randall (and his wife, sorry I don't know her name) for a great show and the any others involved with putting on the show. I sold a good number of books and a few other things. Probably have sold a rifle due to the show. I was fairly disciplined and only bought a stock/barrel combo.
Dennis