Author Topic: Homer Dangler  (Read 6154 times)

Offline Snakebite

Homer Dangler
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:39:09 AM »
When I was in the Army stationed at Fort Knox in the late 80s I made it to Friendship several times.  There I met Homer Dangler and his wife.  They were very friendly and I enjoyed talking to them everytime I made it there.  Does any know if they are still with us?  Homer was kind of getting up there (as all of us) I have some of his browning solution from way back, don't know if it's even still any good.   I haven't seen anything on him and he used to advertise in the back of Muzzle Blasts, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time either.
Thanks,
Chris

Offline Michigan Flinter

Re: Homer Dangler
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 03:13:02 AM »
Homer is doing just fine I was to a small private log shoot last of June and he still gets up and down to shoot over the chunk and will give you a run for your money. I beleive Jim Kline is selling hie products now. He said he was 82 and he will put alot of us 60 year olds to shame. What a gentleman and someone to look up to.  Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 04:39:29 AM »
Snakebite,
This spring at Friendship I took photos of Homer and did a digital interview of him for my web site.  The page of photos is ready for viewing, but the interview is not.   He is an amazing person.  I hope I have his energy if I reach his age.

Regards,
Pletch

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 01:35:10 PM by Larry Pletcher »
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:10:17 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I'm very glad to hear he's doing well.  I'm sure he wouldn't remember me, but I'll always remember him.  What a gentleman, and his wife was a special lady too. 

Thanks again,
Chris

PINYONE

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
Mr. Dandler has taken good care of himself, looks great. When I started building in 1970 Homer Dangler was one of the best and still is. His work has always been beautiful. Keep it up! Pinyon

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I'm very glad to hear he's doing well.  I'm sure he wouldn't remember me, but I'll always remember him.  What a gentleman, and his wife was a special lady too. 

Thanks again,
Chris

Homer had his son Tim with him this time.  He left earlier than he usually does because his wife was under the weather. 
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.