Author Topic: Diamondback blackpowder.............  (Read 19635 times)

Mike R

Re: Diamondback blackpowder.............
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
Apology to all about the marketing hype on my first post ... got me on that one ... no disrespect intended ... guess I just got too excited about getting the chance to say something about the product and clarify some background info ... and I jumped in all at once ... lesson learned ... will make sure to keep the tone down going forward ... and more importantly ... let the product and pricing speak for themselves to everyone ... so I will get back to spending my time on what I do best ... seeking informatin, listening, and understanding what the market expects and desires from real BP  ... and ensuring the product quality is consistent and reliable from lot to lot ... and keep the price good for everyone ... appreciate the replies ... and remain at your service .. thanks ... have a good night.

I personally was not offended by your previous post.  I am glad to hear it is not the old Elephant re-packaged, as my experiences with Elephant were entirely bad [musta got a bad batch as others liked it]. I submit that competition is good for us.  GOEX has gotten expensive and hard to get around here--and I live a half hour from their Minden Plant in Lousyanna.  I welcome a quality alternative--now if we could just get a local seller!  The main usage down here is CW reenactors as most hunters are using synthetic powder and we 18th/early 19th cent historians/shooters are a decided minority!

Offline Clowdis

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
From the Diamondback website:

"Diamondback Black Powder is manufactured by Elephant Industria Quimica (EIQ) in Brazil to DCCI’s technical specifications."

That being aside, a choice of black powder manufacturers is a good thing. Kinda like different grades of modern smokeless powder. However I'll be a while shooting up 31 pounds of Goex.

Offline Mad Monk

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »

"Diamondback Black Powder is manufactured by Elephant Industria Quimica (EIQ) in Brazil to DCCI’s technical specifications."

That being aside, a choice of black powder manufacturers is a good thing. Kinda like different grades of modern smokeless powder. However I'll be a while shooting up 31 pounds of Goex.

I should point out something here.
The company name shows "Elephant".   That is not to suggest that this is simply Elephant all over again.  The Elephant logo that the S/A Pernambuco Powder Factory had used since it had first been started simply went along with the change in ownership.  The new plant was constructed around the machinery pulled from the old plant.  Management and staff are new.

I am going to go a bit afield here on this.

When people started selling Chinese-made black powder in the U.S. I got a bit upset.  Why should I purchase gun supplies made in a country where private gun ownership is forbidden.
As my work with Elephant was winding down there was movement in Brazil to outlaw private gun ownership.  The govt. in Brazil put it up for a national vote.  The anti-gunners in Brazil were handed a big defeat.  The govt. went along with the "will of the people" on it.

Bill K.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 07:11:56 PM »

I should point out something here.
The company name shows "Elephant".   That is not to suggest that this is simply Elephant all over again.  The Elephant logo that the S/A Pernambuco Powder Factory had used since it had first been started simply went along with the change in ownership.  The new plant was constructed around the machinery pulled from the old plant.  Management and staff are new.

I am going to go a bit afield here on this.

When people started selling Chinese-made black powder in the U.S. I got a bit upset.  Why should I purchase gun supplies made in a country where private gun ownership is forbidden.
As my work with Elephant was winding down there was movement in Brazil to outlaw private gun ownership.  The govt. in Brazil put it up for a national vote.  The anti-gunners in Brazil were handed a big defeat.  The govt. went along with the "will of the people" on it.

Bill K.
Jeez - So the 'boys' in "Rio" went with the WILL OF THE PEOPLE!!! ::) @!*% well better than here -  Ok Ok I'll shut up!!

I had a chance to 'look' at the diamond back abt a year ago only enough to pour some in my hand alongside of goex and the diamond back was blacker - had a nice shine - and more evenly sized.  no splinters.  I was not allowed by the owner of the can of diamond back to shoot any ::) ;D I did my damnest to pry the can out of his hand but lost the tussle.   He shot it at 25 yds as I recall and all I know is it went bang!   Not a v good test or comparison.... ;)

Offline Mad Monk

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

[/quote]Jeez - So the 'boys' in "Rio" went with the WILL OF THE PEOPLE!!! ::) @!*% well better than here -  Ok Ok I'll shut up!!

I had a chance to 'look' at the diamond back abt a year ago only enough to pour some in my hand alongside of goex and the diamond back was blacker - had a nice shine - and more evenly sized.  no splinters.  I was not allowed by the owner of the can of diamond back to shoot any ::) ;D I did my damnest to pry the can out of his hand but lost the tussle.   He shot it at 25 yds as I recall and all I know is it went bang!   Not a v good test or comparison.... ;)
[/quote]

Be nice Roger.  Remember.  Tamaqua, PA
By coal regions standards they are just over the hill from you in another patch.  Just off Clamtown Road.

Bill K.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

Jeez - So the 'boys' in "Rio" went with the WILL OF THE PEOPLE!!! ::) @!*% well better than here -  Ok Ok I'll shut up!!

[/quote]

By coal regions standards they are just over the hill from you in another patch.  Just off Clamtown Road.

Bill K.
[/quote]This begs the question::  If we would knock on their magazine door, could we buy some there? ::)

Offline Mad Monk

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »

Bill K.
[/quote]This begs the question::  If we would knock on their magazine door, could we buy some there? ::)
[/quote]

I don't think they are set up to sell directly off that patch of ground.
The old Atlas Powder property.  Another facility on the property does medical nitro stuff.  Big fence, guard house,etc.  The last thing they need as far as site security  is people pulling into the place to buy cases of black powder.
They had tried to get Dixon to stock it but Dixon is limited to how much owder they can have on the property and the GOEX and Swiss business takes up all of their limited magazine capacity.  A distributor in Eastern PA would be nice though.

Bill K.

Mike R

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 12:51:10 AM »
Hmmm, Tamaqua...I was raised just down the road in Pottsville and now live near the GOEX plant, who'd a thunk it? 

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »
Hmmm, Tamaqua...I was raised just down the road in Pottsville and now live near the GOEX plant, who'd a thunk it? 
Well now Mike!!   Pottsville - Yikes... Can you tell us anything printable about
Minersville Street?   Or was that b/4 your time.... ::) ;D

Offline Mad Monk

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »

An above ground farmer or an underground farmer?
I am about 30 miles South of there.

Bill K.

Diamondback

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 04:55:24 AM »
Sorry, no direct sales from the magazine ... standby for more distributors on the site.

Diamondback

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
We will be visiting and walking the expo at the Shot Show in Vegas next week with our friends from the powder plant in Brazil ... if you will be there ...  and are interested to meet and chat with us ... or know anyone who might be ... just contact me to setup a time and place ... we appreciate it ... thank you.

Diamondback

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 06:49:21 AM »
Received a great question about the details of the ingrediants and production process outside of here ... and regret company policy restricts me from providing the details requested ... I know it sounds like something from Colonel Sanders ... but the market conditions and competition obligate us to keep this valuable info internal ... which additionally helps ensure we meet our mission goal of providing a dependable high quality product, at equivalant or better performance than our competitors, at a lower cost.

Let it be clear we are not trying to meet or exceed the level of the #1 product which everyone pays top price for ... and we highly respect those skilled boys for the absolutely beautiful craftsmanship work they do ... and we appreciate the price folks pay price for it ... but we are betting we got the edge on everyone else in the market ... I am going to shut up now about that ... don't want to overbuild the hype up ... and we appreciate the value of letting the consumers decide on their own ... time will telll all on its own ... we have been watching and listening for a long time and are pretty sure we got the quality and price just right for y'all who like to go out regularly and shoot a bunch with very satisfying results without breaking the bank.

We are working on getting powder to a couple of the major events this year ... as this economy is opening more shooters to considering the product.

Thanks again for the welcome ... looking forward to listening and watching the market response to the product ... checking in here periodically ... and working hard to keep things right for y'all to be happy with the product ... consistent high quality from lot to lot ... with an attractive price ... you know where to find me outside of here ... rodney@diamondbackchemical.com ... cheers!

Mike R

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
Well now Mike!!   Pottsville - Yikes... Can you tell us anything printable about
Minersville Street?   Or was that b/4 your time.... ::) ;D

Not before my time I am afraid, and yes I could tell a few tales...I moved there ca. 1952 , age 8, and went off to Penn State in 1962.  When I was between terms at PSU one winter I worked delivering packages for the US Postal Service.  On a cold winter's day I delivered a box to a Minersville St address and an obese black lady opened the door, nearly filling it, and invited me in, but I could just see behind her a young teen girl totally nude--it was one of "those" houses--I declined, being both a good FBI Agent's son and a little shy still...but the street had quite a rep for drugs and "hos"....

Mike R

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 05:01:37 PM »

An above ground farmer or an underground farmer?
I am about 30 miles South of there.

Bill K.

HA!  I haunted the coal mines because of an interest in geology--which I later pursued at Penn State.  But my Dad was the local FBI Agent.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »
Since the last post in this thread, has anyone given this Diamondback Powder a good testing as yet?

If so, I'd like to hear the details.  Thanks