General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

I might be able to use this Teflon Patch material in an experiment...

(1/3) > >>

roundball:
But...it can only have teflon on one side...must have plain cloth on the other side.

While this advertisement doesn't specifically say so, when I read the first couple paragraphs I come away with the understanding that the teflon is only on one side of the material.  Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about teflon patch material?

http://www.theminute-men.com/contactus.htm

Candle Snuffer:
I shoot with an NMLRA Field Rep in our White River Brigade and he uses
the teflon coated patches.  His are pillow ticking patches, and they have
that same greenish coating that is shown in the link you posted Roundball.

Now I don't know if they are coated on both sides or not, but I do know that he gets some mighty fine groups using the teflon coated patching.

They must work as I heard on the radio today that he won a bronze medal
in the State "Cornhusker" games, in Lincoln, NE for the 100 yard offhand
rifle match, and he won gold in those same games with 25 & 50 yard pistol...

So,,, I'd say they are worth a try if for nothing more then to answer your
own questions about them.  Who knows, you may really like 'em? :)

Daryl:
We hates wiping while shooting, but then, you all knew that. :D

roundball:
I'm a dedicated lubed pillow ticking shooter for regular round balls...not looking for Teflon for normal shooting.....was just brainstorming about some way to get a lubed patch that had no liquid or grease lube on it, for more 'marble' experiments.

With laser accuracy at 25yds but sloppy accuracy at 50yds, it was suggested that the smooth glass marbles probably weren't being gripped and rotated well enough to be accurate out at 50 yards.

The suggestion was to spray a light mist of aerosol adhesive on some marbles to see if a patch would grab them better...the kind of aersol adhesive that stays a little tacky even when dry...ie: my wife uses some to temporarily tack pieces of quilting material together.

My concern was that a lubed patch wouldn't stick to the tacky marble...but if one side of Teflon patch material was dry cloth, it would/should 'grab' the marble OK.

UPDATED:
Just heard back from the place...just a little piece of 28" x 36" would be about $22 delivered...patches would average about .10cents each...to rich for my blood just for an experiment  ;D

Daryl:
I wouldn't think you want the patch even remotely sticking to the ball, but then, experimentation is waht it's all about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version