Author Topic: Botched pewter forend pour....  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Botched pewter forend pour....
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »
 Very nice work on the cabinet, looks great.

Tim C.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »
A little I caught the other day about the restoration of American chestnut trees; the latest is they made a GMO American by infusing a gene from a blight resistant wheat. They expect a totally blight resistant American chestnut with 100% of the American chestnuts characteristics. 

Offline GANGGREEN

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »
A little I caught the other day about the restoration of American chestnut trees; the latest is they made a GMO American by infusing a gene from a blight resistant wheat. They expect a totally blight resistant American chestnut with 100% of the American chestnuts characteristics.

I've got 3 of the latest generation hybrids in pots, we'll see......That said, I may see nuts on them one day, but I'll never see them in all of their glory like back in the day....

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »
You could leave it like it is, just Square it up, round the outside edges and stain the end, once the barrel and rib are in there won't be much to see.

Tim C.
This is what I would do also I think it would look very good with the front face of the wood exposed. You can screw it up very quickly trying to repair it - leave it alone and continue to finish it - it will look great as is.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb