Author Topic: North Carolina Indian Trade Gun Article  (Read 2253 times)

Offline c deperro

North Carolina Indian Trade Gun Article
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:49:20 AM »
I'm looking for an article written in Muzzle Blasts 80's or 90's maybe. North Carolina Indian Trade Gun. I believe reeves #19 castings are off this gun. Does anyone have an idea when it was published and who wrote the article?

gunlock

Re: North Carolina Indian Trade Gun Article
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »
Hello

I have a copy of the article in my reference library. Contact me if you would like me to photo copy it and snail mail it to you.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:00:27 PM »
I'm looking for an article written in Muzzle Blasts 80's or 90's maybe. North Carolina Indian Trade Gun. I believe reeves #19 castings are off this gun. Does anyone have an idea when it was published and who wrote the article?
I have several extra sets of castings off of that gun that I don't need.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 05:39:27 PM »
PM sent for article.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Clowdis

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
I didn't see the article but I remember seeing many North Carolina "looking" rifles in the displays at the Buffalo Bill museum in Cody, Wy. Most were listed as unidentified, unsigned, or trade rifles. Most also appeared to be made in the Jamestown, NC area. This did set in motion my thoughts about just how many NC rifles went west as trade guns. The demand here just wasn't large enough to support the huge gunmaking industry located in Guilford, Co, NC. I like to see the article too or maybe you could post it for everyone to view. I'd appreciate it.