Author Topic: E J Blackley and Son question.  (Read 11036 times)

Offline deepcreekdale

Re: E J Blackley and Son question.
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 03:34:37 PM »
Bart, I got my hands on an original miquelet lock in percussion, I am going to make drawings and measurements and scratch build it as a flint while waiting for this one to show up. It is one of the crispest and smoothest locks I have ever seen.  Kevin said he had 2 in stock, we will see. They are actually fairly simple mechanisms and there are some very interesting guns from Spain that used them. For example, Spain provided 12,000 of them to the Continental Army during the Revolution. If you google Spanish Miquelet Fowlers there are some neat pictures that might be of interest. PM me if you want to discuss options.
”Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” Theodore Roosevelt

blackley

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Hi Folks,
Have just registered as I can see there are issues that certainly need attention from us here.
I know this is an old post, however am sure many of you are still members and have links to various posts etc?

Had been advised of a few 'negatives', and 'head in sand' rarely sorts anything!
I am here to hopefully sort some issues, and will do my best to do so, I have also permitted contact by email in the set up, so if that suits you best, use that please.
You have to realise that some members are not decipherable to us in regards any past dealings, due to user names being very different to the original order itself, so will need a bit if help there please.
Please understand that we are not able to lend the time to forums in the way we would wish, as our time is obviously demanded of us through the workshops.
Nevertheless, will visit here as often as time will allow.
Thank you
Fire away.......

Offline KC

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2018, 05:35:55 PM »
I've never ordered anything from Blackley & Son yet, but I've seen things on the web site that I'd like to purchase. I'll say this, it's a big step forward to join the forum and address the issues. I'll also say that the quality of the castings that Jim posted look excellent to me. I've tried like crazy to spend money at The Rifle Shoppe but can't seem to get them to take it.

Kevin, welcome to the ALR Forum.
K.C.
K.C. Clem
Bradenton, FL

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 09:26:32 PM »
Hi Folks,
Have just registered as I can see there are issues that certainly need attention from us here.
I know this is an old post, however am sure many of you are still members and have links to various posts etc?

Had been advised of a few 'negatives', and 'head in sand' rarely sorts anything!
I am here to hopefully sort some issues, and will do my best to do so, I have also permitted contact by email in the set up, so if that suits you best, use that please.
Thank you
Fire away.......

Two years ago, I orderd and paid for a pair of mortimer locks for a double barrel shotgun. I'm still waiting for the rigth hand lock.
You have not answerd my two questions in the email I sendt 27/06.
1. Do you have all the parts for the rigth hand lock, except the lockplate?
2. When will the lockplate be finished cast?

Rolf

blackley

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 10:09:31 PM »
Rolf, thought that was you earlier.
I have most of the internals, the cock assembly, the frizzen and the frizzen spring.
Still awaiting the lockplate.
You received the image i sent you of the faulty plate, ended up using that as a 'pan only' for a re-conversion.
I thought I had relayed all this to you???

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »
It will be best if all the details of business transactions are not aired out here. Please use this topic to re-establish communications then sort it out by email, PM, Skype, FaceTime, or your preferred methods.
Andover, Vermont

blackley

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »
I've never ordered anything from Blackley & Son yet, but I've seen things on the web site that I'd like to purchase. I'll say this, it's a big step forward to join the forum and address the issues. I'll also say that the quality of the castings that Jim posted look excellent to me. I've tried like crazy to spend money at The Rifle Shoppe but can't seem to get them to take it.

Kevin, welcome to the ALR Forum.
K.C.

Thank you K C, appreciate the welcome.
It would be nice to visit here for more of a pleasurable experience sometime soon, however in the meantime I guess addressing and sorting is the main purpose at the moment.
Whether it will prove the correct move will be evident enough in time i guess.
Kind of nice to be involved regardless of reason  I guess, as I do miss the shows there, but no longer viable for us.
Time away from here amounts to too much down time. Considering all the prep, attendance and getting back into shape upon return, maybe one day we will take up one of the kind offers, would be nice.
Regards

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2018, 01:04:00 AM »
Rolf, thought that was you earlier.
I have most of the internals, the cock assembly, the frizzen and the frizzen spring.
Still awaiting the lockplate.
You received the image i sent you of the faulty plate, ended up using that as a 'pan only' for a re-conversion.
I thought I had relayed all this to you???
You say you have most of the internals. Whats missing besides the Lockplate?
You have not told me when I can expect the lockplate and the delivery of the Complete rigth hand Lock kit.

Rolf