Author Topic: ANTIQUE ARMS SHOW  (Read 4451 times)

Offline smokinbuck

ANTIQUE ARMS SHOW
« on: September 12, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
Association of Ohio Longrifle Collectors will hold it's annual "buy sell trade" show on September 30th from 9:00 - 4:00  at the Community Wesleyan Church at 161 Myrtle Avenue, Newark Ohio. Pre 1898 and contemporary muzzle loading firearms and accoutrements. NO BLACK POWDER IN PREMISES.
For reservations or information call; Jim Claggett 740-344-8476 / Mark Herman 614-581-2005.
Mark
Mark

Offline TN Longhunter

Re: ANTIQUE ARMS SHOW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:07 AM »
Two eastern Ohio gun shows that same day. Sounds like this one may be much more to my taste.
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 04:48:32 AM »
Long Hunter,
Not sure where the "other" one is but this is our 19th year. There will be some extraordinary things to be seen and some of the best current Ohio builders to meet. Something might even follow you home.
Mark
Mark

Offline TN Longhunter

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:57:48 PM »
Sorry, I was referring to two modern gun shows, Canton and Cambridge. Yours is about a two hour drive but likely the one I will try for.
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 11:57:58 PM »
I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Mark
Mark

Offline Curt J

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
I have reserved a table.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »
 I too will have a table.

Tim C.

Offline Top Jaw

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:04 AM »
Is this open to the public, or non-members?
If so, how much is admission?

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 02:46:52 AM »
Yes, this show is open to the public. Memberships in the Association of Ohio Longrifle Collectors will be available at the show. I believe the admission is either $3 or $5, I apologize for not having a better answer. There is plenty of free parking at the site and there will be food available inside the building..
Mark
Mark

Offline b bogart

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:40 PM »
Longhunter I have missed the last couple of these shows but I certainly enjoy this particular show. Comfortable and interesting.  I am going to do my best to get there this year!

Offline redwood

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 10:58:49 PM »

I believe they also  have this show in the spring time in Marietta. Haven't been to it for awhile.  May go Saturday after Cambridge show. 

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 02:37:32 AM »
Redwood,
The Spring show in Marietta will be the first week end in April at the Lafayette Hotel. That show is primarily a show but there is a limited buy, trade, sell area available. At that show there will be close to 400 Ohio made rifle on display and per the rules, no more than 10% of them will be contemporary. I don't know but that may be one of the largest shows of its kind, catering to only one state. Come on down, there's lots to do in and around Marietta and Springtime on the Ohio is always good.
Mark
Mark

Offline redwood

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »

Smokinbuck, thanks for the info. I've been to that show. It's really nice. I'm hitting Cambridge show then heading for Newark show.

Offline TN Longhunter

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 04:25:39 PM »
Nice little show. Got there after noon so I'm sure all of the bargains were gone. Nice to see all pre 1898 goods at one show. Talked to several nice people, saw a few friends and bought some goods. Went by one table several times but owner was visiting I'm sure. Had a Ballard Pacific, restocked with curly maple that I was interested in. Forgot to check before I left and remembered too late to go back. Yea, I know it was a cartridge gun but the Pacific did have a whipping stick which looks like a ramrod. Maybe I'll find it at another show.
Don Spires
Tennessee Longhunters
Patron Life NRA
NMLRA
CLA

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »
Tn,
Glad you got there and enjoyed the show.
Mark
Mark