General discussion > Black Powder Shooting

Photos of our invitational

(1/2) > >>

chapmans:
 We had our annual invitational shoot last Sunday, there were 6 teams from around the state of Indiana.
 It was a challenging woods walk but my team prevailed and we won by a margin of 14 hits. I managed to hit some tough targets and missed a couple of gimmes, all in all we had a good time.

This is my son Jason

This is Eric shooting his .58 it's the first rifle I built.

This is Big John he used to play for the Detroit Redwings!

Of these 7 rifles I built 4 of them.

Candle Snuffer:
Thanks for the pictures, Steve.  All nice looking rifles and it looks like you had some good weather as well.

What's Big John's last name?  I may have listened to him play on one of the Detroit  radio station's when I lived in Ohio, all so many years ago.  Be kind of interesting to know. :)

We had to cancel our Spring Shoot out here this past Sunday.  It was a misserable rainy day, and muddy as he!!...  

I haven't shot anything since March 15th.  Everytime I've been off work that I could have gone shooting - I've been shoveling 2 to 3 feet of snow or simply watching the rain pour down like crazy.  The next 8 out of 9 days the weather man is calling for, (you guessed it), more rain...

I've got to catch a weather break sooner or later...  Great to see you guys out making smoke. :)

chapmans:
Candle Snuffer,
  His name is John Hillworth, you can look up his history on the Redwings website. I have shot with John for many,many years,he is a great shot and a better person, I'm glad to have him for a friend.
   Steve

Candle Snuffer:
Thanks Steve.  I'm sure I listened to him play as his career fits the time frame when i lived in Ohio.  I also saw on another site that he had a connection with the Ft. Wayne Komets as well.  I have been to a couple Komet games, but that was after John had made it to the big show.  Thanks for the memories! :)

Daryl:
Thanks for the pictures, Steve - Sure nice to see people out having fun with muzzleloading.  I was starting to think we were the only ones who got together to burn powder & take pictures.

Met a nice couple at the range yesterday & they're going to join our black powder section of the club - both will be out on next Sunday to shoot the trail with us. Just moved to Prince George and out driving around 'the neighbourhood' to check out their 'new range'.

Thanks again for the pictures, Chapmans - not many flint shooters in our neighbourhood?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version