Author Topic: Is this the right forum to post flintlock hunting pictures?  (Read 27534 times)

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
Re: Is this the right forum to post flintlock hunting pictures?
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
Nice buck, wattle.  And you did good shooting him in the neck.  Those lil' .62s ain't got the power to break through ribs for a lung shot.  ::) ;)
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:23 AM »
Nice buck, are they starting to chase in your neck of the woods? I was thinking about going to Freedom Hills but don't have a good place on the east side which is open now, they logged all my spot in the last couple of years.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2018, 02:27:17 AM »
Nice buck, wattle.  And you did good shooting him in the neck.  Those lil' .62s ain't got the power to break through ribs for a lung shot.  ::) ;)
Only shot I had Hanshi. He stopped in a hole I could shoot thru an I figured it was a gift so ba da bing.

Eric yes sir they been chasing pretty heavy for over a week now. I seen a lot better buck than this one chasing a doe the other day in the same spot but I couldnt get either of them to stop. I feel your pain with the logging deal you are talking about. My favorite management area Lamarion/Sam Murhy that I have killed so many turkeys in over the last 35 yrs looks like an atomic bomb went off in it. Used to be huge beautiful whiteoaks for miles an now a briar patch that a rabbit can hardly get thru
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2018, 02:12:06 AM »
Wattle, speaking of all the neck shots I've made, all were, ready for this, accidental.  the deer all twitched or something as the trigger was pulled.  Never missed a one just missed my aiming point; twas their fault.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.