Author Topic: JP Beck Rifle  (Read 3196 times)

Offline gusd

JP Beck Rifle
« on: September 25, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »
MacRuger,  This is the Beck Rifle that you wanted to see pictures of. I t was at the CLA Show. This rifle has a 46' inch Don Getz barrel made in 1990. The stock blank is from a tree on the side of the road in Sharon CT. It was cut by Roger Gonzales., in 1988. It has a Chambers Lock, The butt plate I think is from Reeves Goring. The trigger guard is from Dave Keck, The rest of the brass hardware is handmade by myself. The rifle was completed in 2013. The Photos are by R.Lambert.

online free photo storage

Offline wattlebuster

Re: JP Beck Rifle
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »
Beautiful. Excellent work.
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

greybeard

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:20:14 PM »
Now that is a right pert rile gun . I like it a lot. makes me break a comandmant. Bob

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:33:05 AM »
That is as beautiful as I remembered it Gus.  You have quite the talent!  I really like the carving on that one.  A lot of work went into the fine package. 

You also had a wood patchbox Beck at the show too, right?  That one really held up impressively with sharp architecture. 

You should post more pictures sir! 

Many thanks for sharing these.  Best wishes, and God Bless,   Marc

Offline flinter49

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 03:07:06 AM »
Nice Rifle. Thanks for the pictures.

Offline gusd

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »
Thanks Guys for the compliments!  :)
Marcruger , I will try to post the wood patch box Beck & the Reading gun in the future.