Author Topic: North Carolina Longrifle Collecters Meeting & Show  (Read 2161 times)

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
North Carolina Longrifle Collecters Meeting & Show
« on: May 01, 2009, 06:35:13 PM »
A group of long time Longrifle Collectors called "The Historical Arms Collectors of the Southeast" will be holding their semi-annual meeting on Saturday May 9th from 8:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. at the Holiday Inn on Jake Alexander Blvd. in Salisbury, N.C.

This is a group of 40 or so mostly K.R.A. members that meet twice a year to buy, sell, trade, and display Longrifles, Civil War Weapons, Powder Horns, Pistols, etc.  The cost is $45 per year to be a member, includes your table and lunch at both the May meeting and the October 3rd meeting.

This is a good opportunity for those that collect or want to learn more about North Carolina Longrifles.  Collectors are urged to please bring their best guns as Bill Ivey will be take photos for his upcoming book on North Carolina Longrifles.

I will have three outstanding North Carolina Longrifles for sale at this meeting.  #1 is a half-stock Jamestown Longrifle signed by J.M. Wood with nice tiger-striped maple stock and 11 silver inlays in great condition. ($3,000). #2 is a beautiful full-stock, original flintlock, Jamestown rifle signed by Thomas Fletcher Merritt (rare signature, only five known) ($4,200), and a wonderful Jamestown rifle that is full-stock, flintlock, Twisted-star patchbox, sixteen silver inlays with interrupted or broken style fore-stock molding attributed to William Lamb. ($7,500).   If you have questions please email me at mbriggs@callcoverage.com or call me at 336-340-6707. 

C. Michael Briggs
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:37:15 PM by mbriggs »
C. Michael Briggs