Author Topic: Guru Help Needed - Cleaning Patches That Never Show "Clean"  (Read 5527 times)

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
Re: Guru Help Needed - Cleaning Patches That Never Show "Clean"
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 06:17:14 PM »
LOL..my money? I'm trying to survive on a Social Security check as my only income. I live in a senior HUD building. Do you want to trade positions?

However, I can afford a few extra patches if in the end it puts 300lbs of elk meat in the freezer. I like a white patch when i'm done cleaning. I can't believe I have to justify it to you Daryl. Your way is not the only way.

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:41 PM »
My dad's model 70 that he purchased new in 1949 ALWAYS has patches come out light gray after cleaning the bore with Hoppie's #9 - NEVER had a white patch come out of this rifle's bore.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
My dad had a Model 70 and I used a Win 94 in 30-30 for the first 25 years of my hunting. My dad was very strict in teaching me and my brother to shoot, hunt, and clean our guns. If we didn't get our guns white patch clean he'd smack us a good one. As a pro boxer his smacks hurt.

Probably why it's so ingrained in me now. The same goes for my hunting method. Still hunting with no kind of aids at all and nothing but offhand humane shots, or it's a smack. My dad is gone now, but I still stick to all he taught me in his honor.