Author Topic: Jacob Dickert rifle  (Read 8066 times)

n stephenson

Re: Jacob Dickert rifle
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 03:38:35 PM »
About the signature on the barrel , I have a question? Since Dickert had gunmakers that , built rifles for him , is there a possibility that different men "signed" his signature. I know that this sounds crazy but, I personally know of two different modern builders that supply a lot of guns. These men have a few workers that do various tasks on the guns . Neither of them engrave , but they have workers that do. I have personally seen a few variations of their "signatures" on guns built in their shop. I know sometimes people say Dickert signed them this way or that during a different period , which could be true. I just wonder how many were signed by his workers. This post is not intended to anger anyone , just something I have wondered about regarding Dickert.   Nate

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Jacob Dickert rifle
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
  Nate my opinion is that he might. The guns are being built in his shop. Also by his apprentices. Thus I don't see why he wouldn't. If they met his approval.
  Then again it could be someone coping one of his guns. Just like people do today...I doubt they had the laws back then like we do today. Oldtravler