Author Topic: .... VIRGINIA -KENTUCKY RIFLE SHOW ....  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

.... VIRGINIA -KENTUCKY RIFLE SHOW ....
« on: October 28, 2017, 12:54:59 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(... had planned to be there, but didn't work out ..... SOMEBODY please post lots of pix .... !!! .... especially of the Southern guns .....!!!

Re: .... VIRGINIA -KENTUCKY RIFLE SHOW ....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 03:01:51 AM »
 ??? ??? ???... Still waitin' for some pix, fellers .........

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »
 FWIW I have found that at some closed shows Photos are not permitted. Not real sure why, unless it is a security thing or people don't want copies of their guns turning up. Not complaining at all.

Tim C.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:26:01 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »
I know all about the not working out part. Cades cove are you gonna try an make the Alabama show in Jan that Jim Parker is setting up in the Joe Wheeler state park. I went to the first one an it was a fine show. I have plans of being at this one but I have to make my plans on a day by day basis with a elderly mom to care for so if all is well I will be there
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:52:46 PM by wattlebuster »
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »
I was there taking photos of guns for their owners.    Other photos inside the show are by permission of the owner only, and are generally discouraged.   Unfortunately,  I am not free to publish the photos I take except in a very limited fashion to market my services.  That is the deal I make with my clients.    Antique gun owners tend to guard access to their guns, including photos.

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »
Mark
I can understand the need to protect the owners investment and the antique rifles the owners treasure. I do , however, really appreciate the antique rifle owners that share pictures and infirmation on the antique rifles they own. Many times the only way for us to see and learn about these rifles is through pictures and the media. These are books and the internet primarily. I have attended many longrifle shows and after asking I have been able to photograph any rifle. This was usually after being asked to simply not publish the photographs.  Most antique rifle owners are I find quite friendly and generously share the treasures they own. Tim

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »
 ;) ;)... Wattlebuster .... I will be at Jim's Alabama show ..... Plan on having a table there ...Will have some guns, horns & etc. there ... Photo taking is welcomed .... usually when I photograph guns, I never disclose the owner .... teaser ...A Baxter Bean rifle owned by a non-collector who was happy to show his family heirloom ....

Offline Don Stith

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:33:30 PM »
I am disappointed that Hurricane has not followed up to give us more pictures of the so called Newly found Longrifle of Colonial America he used as a teaser for this show.

Offline sqrldog

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 01:32:01 AM »
Shhhhh it's a super secret rifle.😊

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
;) ;)... Wattlebuster .... I will be at Jim's Alabama show ..... Plan on having a table there ...Will have some guns, horns & etc. there ... Photo taking is welcomed .... usually when I photograph guns, I never disclose the owner .... teaser ...A Baxter Bean rifle owned by a non-collector who was happy to show his family heirloom ....

Looking forward to meeting you. I'll be the fat redneck with overalls on with the dumb look on his face ;D
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D.... Wattlebuster ... good description ....I might think I'm looking in a mirror ... (show is in AL ....might be a lot of similar fellows there ...!!!) 

Stickburner

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »
I resemble that remark.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 08:01:16 PM »
;D ;D ;D.... Wattlebuster ... good description ....I might think I'm looking in a mirror ... (show is in AL ....might be a lot of similar fellows there ...!!!)
Your right. I do have a lot of kinfolk here. I will just find you then ;)

eunderwood

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »
First time to post.  I am related to the Bean's would like to buy a Bean family long rifle or pistol. Please advise

Offline WElliott

• member 2
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:00 AM »
eunderwood, it may be a good idea to attend the Tennessee Kentucky Rifle Show in Knoxville April 20-21, meet other collectors and let your interest be known. More information on that show is posted in the ALR website.
Wayne Elliott

eunderwood

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 11:20:22 AM »
THANKS