Author Topic: Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle - Question  (Read 10829 times)

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
Re: Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle - Question
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »
It all depends on how much money you want to spend. More accuracy to a real Hawken cost more money.

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 07:39:58 PM »
Pete and all y'all  --- it has certainly been a real time learning experience since 73 in this hobby/life style for some. Any of us what shines on them Hawken rifles has been down pretty much same path with TC, CVA,AH, even good ol cheapo  Spanish gun kits I cant remember name of. BUT---- the love of these ol smokepoles has brought us a lot of enjoyment, camaraderie, and fellowship.
I would rather build my own now, as buy the production guns, tho I had a nice collection of hawken style rifles a while back.

Welcome to the forum s99, you sure picked a good topic to weigh in on here. Best regards to all, Dave F 8) 8)

S99VG

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 07:58:26 PM »
Pete and all y'all  --- it has certainly been a real time learning experience since 73 in this hobby/life style for some. Any of us what shines on them Hawken rifles has been down pretty much same path with TC, CVA,AH, even good ol cheapo  Spanish gun kits I cant remember name of. BUT---- the love of these ol smokepoles has brought us a lot of enjoyment, camaraderie, and fellowship.
I would rather build my own now, as buy the production guns, tho I had a nice collection of hawken style rifles a while back.

Welcome to the forum s99, you sure picked a good topic to weigh in on here. Best regards to all, Dave F 8) 8)

Thank you sir.