Author Topic: English Double Maker Info  (Read 1450 times)

Offline rennikselum

• Jeff Rogers
English Double Maker Info
« on: March 04, 2018, 02:33:40 AM »
Looking for an ID and any information on this gunmaker. Stopped over to share a few of my last few builds with an old friend who got me into building and he shared this English piece that he just picked up. Sorry for the tease and not complete set of pictures as it some nice engraving...Still has the Ebony ramrod.

Disregard the barrel at the top of the 3rd and 4th photo, it is from an Moore or Ellis that was laying on his bench when I took the picture.

Thanks, Jeff
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:29:03 PM by rennikselum »

Offline T*O*F

Re: English Double Maker Info
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »
Perhaps it would be simpler if you just told us what name is engraved on it and we could go from there.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline rennikselum

• Jeff Rogers
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 03:26:10 AM »
Honestly I can't read it any more than the picture. S??m ?. EBB or RR ?ALL? That is what I see. I was hoping for someone to recognize it and clarify.

Offline Feltwad

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 11:49:57 AM »
For what I can see from the image ,I would say the gun is by a Provincial gun maker or a gun that was bought in by the Birmingham gun trade then engraved with the name Samuel Ebrall  of Shrewsbury ,Salop, UK  1845 to 1868 .The gun is a 13 bore  with Birmingham proof marks  and a gun number 1641
Hope this has been of some help a better image of the name would have helped
Feltwad

Offline rennikselum

• Jeff Rogers
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. Exactly what I was looking for. I took the pictures with my phone confident that I could enlarge it t home on my computer, well that didn't help me.
Thanks again
Jeff