Author Topic: ... YORK MEMORIAL SHOOT  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

... YORK MEMORIAL SHOOT
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:15:13 PM »
... Alvin C . York shoot,...  Saturday,  March 24, 2018 ... Valley of Three Forks of Wolf, .... Pall Mall TENNESSEE ,....... Bring your best .....!!!

how to get url for picture

Offline diamante

Re: ... YORK MEMORIAL SHOOT
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »
I recognize the shooters to the left of the lady.
Standing (l to r) John Braxton, Mel Hankla and Allen Coon
Kneeling  Bill Burt

Offline Robin Henderson

• AKA "Wobblyshot"
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:35:53 PM »
The guy standing on the extreme right is Houston Harrison. 2nd to his left is David Wright.
Flintlock is the only truly reliable source of ignition in a muzzle loader.

Hessian

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
How many are going?
I and the wife are planning on camping there. I've never shot a chunk gun match but I aim to try. Hope I don't come in dead last.
I'll be shooting my .48 caliber Mike Miller flintlock. I have a .36 I've been "working" on for the past several years. Maybe a fire will get lit under me?
Hopefully my friend from down in Florida will be able to make it also. See you guys there!

Any of you seasoned shooters have any advice for a newbie? I don't expect to do very well the first time but it would be nice not to look like a total rube! ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:39:43 PM by Hessian »

Offline retired fella

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »
Hope you have a good time.  If you shoot where you're lookin' you should do well. ;)

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 03:11:26 AM »
Best advice I can think of is to go down and have fun. Don't hesitate to ask questions, nobody bites and you'll get the answers that you want.
Mark
Mark

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 06:25:13 AM »
 ;D :D ;)..... Just shoot & have fun, Hessian,.... one of the fellows in that famous photo above told me that at that shoot, he had a perfect target,..... It was clean, save for one hole,... !!! ... and it was far and low to one side,... !!!.... not a fierce competition,.. just fun & learn,.... see you there,... !!!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:27:04 AM by Cades Cove Fiddler »

Offline okawbow

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2018, 04:56:31 PM »
I’ve been to the last two York shoots and I’m signed up for this one also. There are some real shooters show up there. The top 30 or 40 will take home meat packages. Everyone gets some ground meat at least, so bring your cooler.

Last year I got there before 7:30 am and missed getting in the first round. Had to shoot the afternoon round with more wind.

The shoot is a great experience and well worth attending.
As in life; it’s the journey, not the destination. How you get there matters most.