Author Topic: Past weekend's shoot in Penna.  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Past weekend's shoot in Penna.
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:57:55 PM »
Spent 3 day weekend shooting at Blue Ridge Rifles in E Penna - fine weather - little wind good shooters and shooting.   25 and 50 yds offhand 20 to 100 yds primative match.   25 yd smoothbore......prizes fair to good.    In any case - 38 total shooters (not good)  Good scores however.... 

Life is good.  Enjoy while we can - life is short!  So, get off your duff and get out there!! ;D

Jim Thomas

Re: Past weekend's shoot in Penna.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:41:16 PM »
We had a low turnout for our ham shoot a week ago.   The wind kept it interesting.   Tornados and severe thunderstorms in the area the day before......and me camping at the Pines through it all.    ;) 

Glad to hear you're still at it Roger.   

Offline Hank*in*WV

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:17:41 AM »
We had a grand total of 3 shooters last weekend. Interest around here has totally collapsed.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline volatpluvia

• Doing mission work in sunny south, Mexico
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
Roger,
Used to shoot there.  I'm home from Mexico for a couple of weeks.  If I had known you were gonna be there I would have come up Saturday just to meet you.  I am not currently set up to shoot.  If I was I may have come up to shoot.  As I recall I didn't do much of anything on Saturday anyway.  Was Henry still running the claybird shoot?
volatpluvia
I believe, therefore I speak.  Apostle Paul.

Daryl

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »
Way to go Roger.  Taylor, Hatchet Jack and LB spent last Sunday rebuilding out trail walk - new targets, restringing (chaining) those lost in the snow of last winter or knocked down by falling trees.  I was watching my two girls(27 & 28yrs old) battle it out in their last Roller Derby meet of the year - of course, just had to go.

Ross and I shot the trail on Monday, him with the 20 bore Tulley he bought from LB, while I used the 14 bore rifle with 16 bore balls and doubled .020" patches.  He was amazed at how the 440gr. ball rocked the targets.

Always fun to get out and shoot with friends.