Author Topic: Becky In Action  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
Becky In Action
« on: May 26, 2009, 02:37:09 AM »
My little Becky lock in action. This video was shot with a cheap digital camera in "Movie Mode"
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Pete Allan

Re: Becky In Action
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:44:35 AM »
Thanks for showing the lock in action. I will have to show the picture to my Daughter because the lock was named after her.

Offline trentOH

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 03:16:16 AM »
Another one of those semi-automatic flintlock assault pistols!

ottawa

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:27:14 AM »
good video but looks a little hot on the thumb or is that just the video

ironsights1

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 03:31:22 AM »
Is there any trick to loading the clip? Is there an automatic primer for the pan?

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:58:35 AM »
Yes, The clip is a little bit tricky to load. This is my normal charge for the pan. About 1/4 full of
Null B    This lock is VERY VERY Fast.  The sparks will roll right down your arm. I've had the hair
burn't right off of my right arm from it. My wife hates Flintlocks, but she will shoot this one. Won the
Flint Agg.  at Friendship in 2007.
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 05:17:15 AM »
If you'll be at Friendship early in the week, Why not bring it to Gunmakers Hall Monday and we'll video it at 5000 rps.  We'll burn you a copy on a CD.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »
What an offer, Larry.  

Thanks for posting the sequence of ignition, Frizzen.  How many megs was the final file - how much was lost when uploading to the web site?

When I uploaded a video of loading and firing sequence some time ago, then posted it here, there was a lot of frames missing. When I veiw it on my computer as uploaded from an e-mail, you could go frame by frame and see the difference between two different guns, one being 1/3 slower than the other, but after uploading to photobucket, it got really choppy and removed some of the frames due to automatic reducing of the file by photobucket, even though well within their perameters.  The original file was 47 seconds long and 65 megs, but after uploading to the site then this one, it was very much reduced in size and eliminated the fine timing visible in the original video. On this site, both guns appeared same speed on the final upload and the action as noted was very choppy. Moving the traveling button along in the downloaded video shows you move it a long way before the scene changes ie: choppy sequence, but on the computer at home, it's a smooth sequence without any removed frames.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:03:35 PM by Daryl »

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 09:35:21 PM »
Thank you very much for the offer Larry, We won't be able to attend in June, but we will be there
for a week in Sept. Mebby see you then.    Phil
The Pistol Shooter

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
Daryl, The video of the lock you are seeing really is not a video. It is a animated GIF. I use a free
program called PhotoScape to make it. First I shoot the video then download it into the computer
Then view it in Windows Movie Maker. I go frame by frame and take a picture of each frame with
the program. This is anywhere from 8 pictures up to say 30. The "Becky Lock" Gif is only about 7
frames "pictures" I think. Then I put them together in "PhotoScape" as a animated Gif You can change
the size and make it as small or big as you like. Hope this helps.       Phil
The Pistol Shooter

Daryl

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 07:42:24 AM »
Tks for explaining it to me, Phil.

Offline JCKelly

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 12:38:22 AM »
I noticed that just as the cock falls, the muzzle drops a bit. The muzzle then comes back up as ignition begins.
Any ideas why?

Offline Frizzen

• Phil Piburn
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 04:54:35 AM »
Yes, I see it. I guess it is a flinch.  I am not perfect. I did shoot a 98 with it down at Berryville a
couple years ago though. I'm 66 and it's harder to shoot good now.
The Pistol Shooter

Daryl

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »
For an old @$#%, sounds as if you're doing just fine, Frizzen.  Now, timing the flinch with ignition & getting the sights back where they should be before the ball quits the tube, now THAT'S a PRO!!!!