Author Topic: aolrc website  (Read 4697 times)

altankhan

aolrc website
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:04:30 AM »
The newly revamped website of the Association of Ohio Long Rifle Collectors (AOLRC) can now be accessed at this link:
http://www.aolrc.org/

The site features pictures of a Moses Wright flintlock rifle, signed 1830; notification of upcoming events; a comprehensive list of Ohio muzzleloading gunsmiths (primarily 19th century); and a very valuable archive of issues of the newsletter dating from 1979, with illustrated articles on Ohio rifles and makers.  There are also images of the covers of all 5 volumes of Ohio Gunsmiths and Allied Tradesmen, books compiled by members of the association that illustrate dozens of Ohio flintlock and percussion rifles.

Please take a look!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 04:59:00 AM by altankhan »

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: aolrc website
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 02:57:17 AM »
BEAUTIFUL SITE!  Great photography and very forward in it's layout.  Someone did a wonderful job.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

brokenflint

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 03:17:52 AM »
I second the site, who ever worked on it for you did a nice job

Broke

timM

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 05:40:07 AM »
Altankhan, thank you for the heads up on a great resource.  The 5 volumes of "Ohio Gunsmiths and Allied Tradesmen"  I previously had no idea they existed. These volumes I found to be available thru Log Cabin Sports Shop.  tim
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:42:23 AM by timM »

Offline G-Man

• Member 3
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 03:11:53 PM »
Looks like a great site.  The old site was a wealth of information and this new and imnproved version looks even better.

It's amazing what is available out there on the internet these days to people interested in longrifles, compared to even just 10 years ago.

Even if you are not interested in Ohio rifles per se, you can find lots of information on gunsmiths from other regions who moved inot the state in the early period - - it is interesting to see where so many of the sons and grandsons of the great Golden Age Pennsylvania and Virginia makers ended up and examples of their work.

Thanks for letting us know - I know a lot of folks missed the old one when it was down.

Guy

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:11:36 AM »
To All,
Thanks for the reviews of our new web site. It was put together by one of our past presidents and a person he knows. We agree that he did a great job, one that we are proud of. I am jumping in because our books are also available directly from us. Anyone that is interested can contact me and I can get them shipped directly to you. The cost is $125 for the 5 volumes, plus shipping.
Mark
Mark

Sean

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
Thanks Mark.  Glad to see this web page back up and running in its new and improved form.  Have it bookmarked and will be spending some of my limited free time there.  Great resource.

Sean