Author Topic: Powder horn made by Adrie Luke  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Chowmi

Powder horn made by Adrie Luke
« on: June 27, 2018, 07:22:57 AM »
I had the great pleasure of spending the day with Adrie Luke and his wife, Gonny, in Amsterdam.  If you do not follow the gun builder's thread, you should look for his posts.  Adrie makes 1/5th scale long rifles, completely from scratch.  Lock, stock, barrel, and furniture. 
It was my second visit to see him, and he surprised me with a full size powder horn that he had made for me. 

There are some gifts you receive in life that you will never forget and treasure forever.  This is one of those gifts.  I was without words when he gave it to me. 

"Chowmi" was my Air Force callsign, and he put it in the banner on the horn:

You can see here the tree with acorns.  The horn has a beautiful acorn finial on the butt plug.

Here he did an homage to my past life flying pointy airplanes. 

Thank you Adrie, for my beautiful powder horn!

Norm

Cheers,
Chowmi

NMLRA
CLA

Offline Greg Pennell

Re: Powder horn made by Adrie Luke
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 03:38:14 PM »
Very nice...truly an heirloom, by a master craftsman.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Iktomi

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:40:17 PM »
That's a real nice powder horn and a dandy gift :)

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 02:52:45 AM »
You are a lucky fellow - Adrie makes some really beautiful things, and this is another.

I am always fascinated by his 1/5 rifles - and especially those miniature locks that actually work!
My best flying was doing airshows in a sailplane!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.