Author Topic: Swivel Breech Action  (Read 6392 times)

Offline Tonyhd98

• Starting Member
  • Summer in Colorado
    • Precision Machinery
Swivel Breech Action
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »
Good day all,

I'm offering complete swivel breech actions built in my machine shop according to the instructional book authored by Dave Waters. I just joined the forum this morning and am unfamiliar with how to upload pictures but I'm happy to email pictures to you.

Thank you,
Tony

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
Re: Swivel Breech Action
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:07:40 AM »
Welcome aboard  Tony...
So you are all tooled up and selling these?
(note: thread was unlocked 8/24 )
tc
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 02:39:01 AM by T.C.Albert »
All work is creative work if done by a thinking mind.
visit: www.thehuntingpouch.com

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
    • NMLRA Gunsmithing Seminar and Workshop at WKU
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 02:19:10 AM »
Hello Tony, and welcome!  Are you only making the actions or do you also produce the lock mechanisms?

Curtis
Curtis Allinson

NMLRA Gunsmithing Seminar and Workshop at WKU~ http://www.nmlragunsmithingseminar.org/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline Tonyhd98

• Starting Member
  • Summer in Colorado
    • Precision Machinery
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:32:03 AM »
Under the auspices of Mr. Dave Waters, the Author of building a Swivel Breech, I manufacture the Water's Swivel Breech Actions and ship them to him. He scrutinizes the action for quality and tunes the lock then ships to the customer. My lead time is about 3 weeks give or take a day. Although I have a machine shop (Precision Machinery) there is a great deal of hand work and this is what eats up the time.

http://www.swivelbreech.com

I manufacture and assemble the entire swivel breech action with the trigger guard but without the wood, "in the white" exactly as Dave Waters has described in his book and to his dimensional specifications. I purchase the L&R manton locks and adapt the lock parts to the swivel breech action as depicted in Mr. Waters' instructional book. If you happen to glance at the cover photo of Mr. Waters book, that is what I manufacture for sale.

The cost is $1,850 plus insured shipping.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:19:35 PM by Tonyhd98 »