Author Topic: Death of Jon Laubach **Update on Memorial Service**  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Darrin McDonal

Re: Death of Jon Laubach **Update on Memorial Service**
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 12:35:44 AM »
The memorial service for Jon yesterday was very nice and touching. I couldn't be there when it started at 4:00 since I had to lock up the CW Gunsmith shop at 5:00 and then I bee lined it over there. They had a couple of big top tents set up for the rain. It has been raining around here like crazy for a few days but, it stopped at 4:00 and was dry during the rest of the evening. It was perfect.
 Jon was quite possibly the only man I have ever met who could make - anything, by hand or by machine with perfection.  A truly skilled and talented man.
Darrin
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Death of Jon Laubach **Update on Memorial Service**
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2018, 12:59:39 AM »
Darin, thanks for the update. I was unable to attend due to family health problems. I had really hoped to go but it just didn't work out. My friend Larry said the same as you that it rained at first and had everyone under tents then it quit for the rest of the event. Larry estimated around 175 people attended.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson