Author Topic: Westmoreland and Somerset County, PA shoots  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Jerry V Lape

Westmoreland and Somerset County, PA shoots
« on: June 01, 2009, 05:13:14 AM »
I will be hanging around Greensburg and Somerset all of July and wondered if there were any interesting events or shoots I could visit in the general area? 

Offline Hank*in*WV

Re: Westmoreland and Somerset County, PA shoots
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:17 AM »
There's a trail walk at the Clairton Sportsmans club on July 5. http://www.powderpatchandball.com/. I usually try to get up there. Good bunch of folks. Shouldn't be too far for you.
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Joe Stein

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 05:24:42 AM »
Lots of stuff to do & see besides shooting in that area.  There's Old Bedford Village,  the Fort Bedford Museum, Fort Ligonier....  Google is your friend here.

Offline JCKelly

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
Old Westmoreland Rifles used to shoot somewhere South of Pittsburgh, when I lived in Lower Burrell. 
Only one left alive from my time would be Phil Cravener. Anyway, call Jeff Wright, Irwin Penna 724-744-6002 OWR is an active collecting & longrifle study group as well, these days.

Offline Jerry V Lape

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:51:06 AM »
JC Kelly, Thanks for the lead to Old Westmoreland Rifles.  I will be visiting my cousin in Irwin anyway and will see what Jeff Wright can lead me to. 

Offline Kopfjaeger

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 06:20:52 PM »
The first weekend in august theres the Bushy Run Battlefield reinactment ( Pontiac's Rebellion, era 1763 ). The park is located on rt.993 in penn-township near harrison city pa. Lots of indians, muskets, british soldiers, museum, indian villiage, british camp site. Museum sales stuff to.

They usually have some craftman there showing how things were done in the 1700's.
" A godly man and his rifle deprive sleep from the wicked, A christian man who prays is the defeater of evil, A praying man who will fight is the conqueror of nations and the hope of the oppressed "