Author Topic: Friendship  (Read 14421 times)

Offline MKemper

Friendship
« on: June 01, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
Who's going, Who's not?  Any of the notable vendors "not" going?

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: Friendship
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »
I'll be there Sat.  We can set a time sat. for ALR memebers to meet at the gunmakers hall and put some faces and names together.  11:30ish? 

I have talked to the new owners of MBS and they are not attending this year. 
Failure only comes when you stop trying.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
I'm not "notable", but I'm not going, can't sit there for days with out sales and justify being there. Haven't been there in 3 or 4 years now.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
I will be there. Setting up on Friday the 12th. Booth #98. I don't know how long I will stay, depends on the crowd.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »
I'll be there Sat.  We can set a time sat. for ALR memebers to meet at the gunmakers hall and put some faces and names together.  11:30ish? 

I'm planning to be there by Sat noon.  I don't know if I'll be ther by 11:30 - will try.  I want to make sure to see you, Ken.

Monday we'll be videoing locks with that high speed camera behind gunmakers hall.  I hope you fellows will have locks to film.  We will give you a CD with your lock video on it.  We'll start when ever the Plymous rep gets there and we get set up.

Regards,
PLetch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline ptk1126

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:50:38 PM »
I'll be there Saturday am and spend most of the day.

Sorry MBS won't be there but it will likely save me $$

Does Jim Klein go to Friendship ?

Look forward to seeing y'all

All the best
Paul

Offline MKemper

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:58 AM »
Jim Klein typically always has a booth on commercial row.

Offline Randall Steffy

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:53 AM »
I saw Reaves Goehring today and he said he will be at Friendship. He was concerned that he may have left his lights turned on there since last year and wondered if fluerescent tubes will last that long. Don't rib him about that, he is a great guy.

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 02:56:18 AM »
I will be there, but I don't know if I can make it by 11:30.   Why not make it a little later to give everyone a better chance of being there.

I hope everyone will make the Gun Makers match on Sunday,  I am going to donate another powder horn to be drawn after the match.  Anyone who enters the match will get a chance to win weather you hit the target or not.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

J Shingler

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 03:03:46 AM »
Been Years since I shot the gunmakers match. Sure was a hoot!
Do you know what time Sun that match is going to take place?

chapmans

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 03:07:56 AM »
David,
  Do you happen to know the rules for sights in the Gunmakers Match? Can they be adjustable opens?
   I have been there and wittnessed the match but have never shot in it, I figured the winner had to make something for the next shoot like the King  or Eagle Match.
   Regards, Steve Chapman

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 03:32:52 AM »
Barbie will be setting up early Friday in booth #C-5.  I will be there as soon as I can make it from the classes at WKU.  It will probably be around 7 or 8 before I can get there.  As usual, we will probably pull out Wed. after lunch.

erdillonjr

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 10:57:56 AM »
 I talked to John Getz on friday and he said they will not be there this spring. Ed

Birddog6

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 02:52:18 PM »
I will be there 7' ish on Friday am.  I will be walking around & more than willing to help anyone unload so they can get set up a little easier.

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 03:16:47 AM »
The gunmakers match is more of a social gathering than a shooting match.  The rues are that you have to make the rifle that you are going to shoot.  It is a one shot match at a hand made target at an unknown distance, usually over 100 yds.  The target is covered with a piece of paper and no shooter knows where the firing point is, it is not the center of the target.  It takes skill to hit the target, but after that it is all luck.  If you win the match you must make the target for next year.  Each shooter is called up to the firing line one at a time to shoot , ....and harassment  is encouraged.  After the match everyone is invited back to Gunmakers Hall for refreshments.  All the names of the shooters will be put into a hat and one name will be drawn to win the powder horn.

Here is a picture of the horn.

Offline David Price

• The Flintlock Shop
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:22 AM »
The match is usually on Sunday at two o'clock.  Check with at Gunmaker's Hall to be sure of the time.

chapmans

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 03:41:52 AM »
  David,
   Thanks for the reply, it sounds like a good time, maybe I'll give it a try this year.
  Regards, Steve Chapman

J Shingler

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 01:22:18 PM »
Thanks Dave. I am going to try and make it on Sat & Sun this year.

Offline duca

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
hi all, hope all is well. any you guys go to dixons gunmakers fair. im there every year. IT THE BEST! ;D
...and on the eighth day
God created the Longrifle...

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
hi all, hope all is well. any you guys go to dixons gunmakers fair. im there every year. IT THE BEST! ;D
Sure!!  Been there every yr since it's inception (or conception) so, far! :)

jimc2

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »
When you get to Dixons this come in the shop ask the girls for the old bald guy that will be me    jim

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 06:48:40 AM »
What time do they shut everything down in the evenings? I got drill in Madison that weekend and won't be getting released until at least 4:30.
Psalms 144

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
What time do they shut everything down in the evenings? I got drill in Madison that weekend and won't be getting released until at least 4:30.

Usually one evening is set aside for vendors to stay open until 9:00pm.  Last year it was Monday evening.  The purpose is for shooters who shoot all day to have a chance to shop.  We need someone else to confirm that Monday is the day.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

chapmans

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »
I have the program in front of me."Shooter's night" Monday June 15, 7:00- 9:00pm.
   Steve C.

Offline Curt J

• member 2
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
We will be there, in charge of Shumway's booth, as we have been for the past couple of years. We plan to arrive Friday before the shoot and will probably stay at least until the following Friday. We will be open on Monday evening for shooter's night.

We will have a few Midwestern-made rifles to look at and maybe a couple for sale. We'll have the Shumway books plus some other titles. I will also have a few of those "hard to find" books on Missouri Gunmakers, by Vic Paul, for sale.