Author Topic: Western National Shoot R.I.P.  (Read 3119 times)

Offline smylee grouch

Re: Western National Shoot R.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 09:24:11 PM »
A little more info would be nice. I wonder if the long range matches dont start on the first day of shooting and not during the middle of the weeks as was done last year. Might be worth while to call Bill and find out for sure if anyone is into the 1000 yd. matches.   :)

Offline snapper

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 09:47:51 PM »
Dennis

Thanks, I have seen that.  However it does not really tell me much. 

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

John Ciccone

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »
Last year I shot at the NMLRA western nationals. It was fantastic!  I shoot international with the US international Muzzleloading Team, (USIMLT) so I shot a bunch of pistol events including some in the International target. The next couple of days, the USIMLT had it's long range match. It brought shooters from Australia, New Zealand and all over. The NRA also had a long range cartridge match. In all 11 straight days of blackbowder shooting.

And the Ben Avery range is MAGNIFICENT! Great facility. Great people. But this year, I will go to Oak Ridge instead for my long range. As there is no NMLRA, no pistol. And the match is too early in the year for Snowbound shooters like me to get up to snuff.

Finally, cost. There is more shooting back here on the East coast that begins a bit later and is nearer.

But!!! If you are within striking distance GO. It will be a great match with great people at one of the premier shooting facilities in the the US.

Bring your own powder!!!! They do not sell it at the range! And Black powder cannot be sold in Phoenix city limits! Check with the match director well better the match. There is a dealer outside city limits who does sell powder and caps, BUT you must call a day or so before so he can bring it in from his powder magazine!!!!!!!