Author Topic: TOPIC: 12-11-16, HAWKEN HAMMER LOCATION, ROUBIDOUX HAWKEN  (Read 898 times)

Beau

TOPIC: 12-11-16, HAWKEN HAMMER LOCATION, ROUBIDOUX HAWKEN
« on: September 16, 2018, 08:54:30 PM »
First post of new member, This is a great website, great information.  Thanks to all.

I saw the posting by Herb about the Rouidoux Hawken and the subsequent posts.  My only experience with
muzzleloaders is with the Jonathan Browning Mountain rifle my wife bought for me years ago.  In March of
1999 I got the name and phone # of W.T. Roubidoux, Lincoln, Ne. and talked with him about Hawken plans
which I was told he had.  He told me that he had access to an original Hawken which was in  a museum,  and
that he had disassembled and took measurements of each part of the rifle.  The plans were then made with parts
drawn to scale.  He also told me that he had made each part with the excepion of the Breech plug and maybe the
Barrel.  I believe this is correct, its been a long time.  He said that it took him about a year to make the rifle.
Mr. Roubidoux told me his occupation was a machine designer.  I am no expert on plans, but he gives all measurements , types of steel to use, and advice of how he made certain parts. Nice plans.

Offline rtadams

Re: TOPIC: 12-11-16, HAWKEN HAMMER LOCATION, ROUBIDOUX HAWKEN
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:09:52 AM »
9-16-18

Beau,

Welcome to the ALR forum.

I read your post and would like to get in contact with Herb Rouidoux about obtaining a set of certified drawings on the Hawken rifle from him. If you could post his contact information or send me an email to rtadams1@bellsouth.net I would appreciate your efforts.

Best Regards,

Robert T Adams