Author Topic: scrimsahw powder measure  (Read 4056 times)

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
scrimsahw powder measure
« on: June 06, 2009, 03:42:13 AM »
Here is my last attempt, polish deer horn, the word is liberté and in the star there is a roman c for 100gr.Deer horn is very very hard but i like it
Enjoy
Denis

Denis

ottawa

Re: scrimsahw powder measure
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
what is the small hole in the side for? yes deer antler is hard for scrim but fun thats what i started on keep up the work
Ben

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:55:18 AM »
 Hi Ottawa,
Sorry i was a bit late to respond, it is summer and a ton of things to do. The hole his to pass a piece of leather, two were drill this way.I'm not crazy about it and don't think i would do it again we learn by our errors but again somebody will like it. I have to figure out a simple way to attach these powder measure whitout looking to ugly . I should of made a smaller hole first and passed a little piece of metal wire, it would give it a better look. I have a good reserve of horn to work with and enjoy it. If you have some time send me a few pictures of your work i always enjoy somebody else's art. Nobody around here does this so not much feed back .Thank.s
Denis
Denis

ottawa

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »
you could dress up the leather strapp with some simple trade beads  to and more  flare or try twisting up some aterfical sinew in to some cordage
just my 2 cents

Offline Z. Buck

• Fabricati Diem Pvnc
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
i have in the past used a tip of antler instead of the crown, that way i can pass a hole through the very tip, and then have the opening hang down, so it doesnt hold powder to catch spark, or water if im out in less than fantastic weather, crowns look cool but get real bulky real fast, i try and save smaller crowns for neck knives and the like, ill try and find my powder measure and post pictures
I Make Inflammatory Statements

Be Prepared

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 10:36:24 PM »
Please do,  would be great to see those ideas
Denis
Denis