Author Topic: North Carolina Longrifle Schools #3 The Guilford - Jamestown School Part 3-B  (Read 5118 times)

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
As I mentioned earlier, Anderson Lamb went on to become the most prolific of all Jamestown Gunsmiths.  He built a water powered barrel mill on Bull Run Creek in 1847 just off of Mackay Road.  He had a number of apprentices over the years and brought his son Jesse (born in 1846) into the business in the late 1860's.  His early rifles are signed A. Lamb.  After his son joined the business the rifles are marked A. Lamb & Co.

This next Longrifle was made and signed by Levin T. Stack.  His shop was located on Wendover Ave.  He is buried at Hickory Grove Methodist Church.

Thanks for your help with this.

C. Michael Briggs
Call Coverage Inc.
(336) 274-4758
"How does your email sound today?"

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:44:03 PM by Tim Crosby »
C. Michael Briggs

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Is it possible for these pics to be restored?

Or do we have pics of such gun elsewhere?
Hold to the Wind

Offline WESTbury

• Marble Mountain central I Corps May 1969
It's kind of spooky that all we can see is his tombstone and it's not even Holloween yet.
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."
President Lyndon B. Johnson October 21, 1964

Offline mbriggs

• member 2
All of the missing photos have been published and copyrighted in my book the "The Longrifle Makers of Guilford County. "

The book is available for $40, plus $4 postage.

Thanks,

Michael
C. Michael Briggs

Offline WESTbury

• Marble Mountain central I Corps May 1969
Mike---I'm quite upset that my Shameless Marketing Division never thought of such a clever sales technique!

Kent Johns
"We are not about to send American Boys 9 to 10 thousand miles away from home to do what Asian Boys ought to be doing for themselves."
President Lyndon B. Johnson October 21, 1964

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
Oh I see. 

nevermind then

I wanted to see some NC guns, now I just want to see an Early or Eastern NC gun, I'm familiar with the general style of the MTN NC guns.   Thought it was the usual "hosting site" issues.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:48:27 PM by WadePatton »
Hold to the Wind