Author Topic: Barrel Bending  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
Re: Barrel Bending
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2022, 01:47:58 AM »
He saw your feet on that barrel, freaked out and signed off…. My speculation😂
Eat Beef

Offline Scota4570

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2022, 03:20:35 AM »
Mr Bubbles started this in 2018.  I restarted it recently.  I am still soaking it in. 

Honestly some of the techniques scare the daylights out of me.  For my purposes I prefer to do things in a more controlled way.  With my luck I'd step on a barrel between blocks, or wack it on a tree and come up with a pretzil.  This may be especially likely  with the wispy A- weight barrel I was bending at the waist.  It is interesting to know how others do things though. 

Scot

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2022, 03:51:26 AM »
So your saying its the concept, not the picture of Mike’s toes that worried you?
Eat Beef

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2022, 03:59:33 AM »
Mr Bubbles started this in 2018.  I restarted it recently.  I am still soaking it in. 

Honestly some of the techniques scare the daylights out of me.  For my purposes I prefer to do things in a more controlled way.  With my luck I'd step on a barrel between blocks, or wack it on a tree and come up with a pretzil.  This may be especially likely  with the wispy A- weight barrel I was bending at the waist.  It is interesting to know how others do things though. 

Scot

That’s an “A” weight .36 caliber I’m bouncing on in the picture.  The 2 x 4 is the key and the control measure.  It only lets it bounce about 1 1/2” until it hits the floor.  I’d probably put a piece of leather on the concrete floor next time to protect the finish.   I also worried about bending the barrel in half if I tried to wrap it around a tree.  I haven’t developed that skill yet.  ;D