Author Topic: Buckshot Betty  (Read 7187 times)

Offline TommyG

• "Double Trouble"
Re: Buckshot Betty
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 03:51:05 AM »
Mike, your really taking a shine to those Lehigh's.  Gonna have to get you a vacation home down the road from Dixon's.  Great work!!  I think those pictures turned out pretty well.  I really like how the wrist flows in to the buttstock.  Very nice!!

Offline iloco

• Old Timer, Chilhowie, Va.
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2019, 04:35:56 AM »
That gun  would go good with me.  I have Number 5 shot in my upper body and head from an accident in 1963 when I was shot while Squirril hunting.
 That rifle I really like a lot. Nice work Mike.
iloco

Offline Daryl

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 07:01:04 AM »
Very nice rifle, Mike.  Temp is hovering just over and just under freezing, here. Quite Nasty -  ;)
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 04:51:46 PM »
That gun  would go good with me.  I have Number 5 shot in my upper body and head from an accident in 1963 when I was shot while Squirril hunting.
 That rifle I really like a lot. Nice work Mike.
Nifty. I still have a piece of pencil lead in the palm of my hand from 1963 when Kenny Daily stabbed me.  >:(
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 04:55:07 PM »
Very nice rifle, Mike.  Temp is hovering just over and just under freezing, here. Quite Nasty -  ;)
How can it be warmer up there than down here..... ??? We have -12 American down here. >:( Balmy.... ::) School got canceled so I have my wife home today (again) telling me what to do. I gotta get out in the shop quick! ;D
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2019, 04:58:51 PM »
Mike, your really taking a shine to those Lehigh's.  Gonna have to get you a vacation home down the road from Dixon's.  Great work!!  I think those pictures turned out pretty well.  I really like how the wrist flows in to the buttstock.  Very nice!!
Thanks. I like the stock profile better on this one. The other one isn't 'wrong" I just like this one better. This one is really petite in hand. I have quite a bit of barrel showing on this one too, probably better than 2/3rds showing.

Offline t.caster

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2019, 05:43:18 PM »
Mike, I have always loved the original, one of my all time favorites. Your rendition of it is right on beautiful!
sounds like your bullet hole might top my worm holes. Too bad you couldn't have left a little remnant of the ball intact. Haha

Tom C
Tom C.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »
Mike, I have always loved the original, one of my all time favorites. Your rendition of it is right on beautiful!
sounds like your bullet hole might top my worm holes. Too bad you couldn't have left a little remnant of the ball intact. Haha

Tom C
I did, take a look at the pics.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 08:56:51 PM »
Mikey, you remain my favorite builder.  Always attractive and functional.

Just out of hosp after my spine surgery, difficult and painful to move.  So my Lehigh is going very slowly.  Saving the thumbpiece for you ti decorate.  Made from British shilling, 90% AG.  Thinned to .050.

Please keep making these fine firarms!
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2019, 02:13:15 AM »
Hey Mike  I wonder if Kenny Daily was any relation to a sweet little 5th grade girl named Donna who permanently tattooed my wrist with a very sharp pencil stab back in 1970... Maybe they had the same martial arts instructor.
Galations 2:20

Offline Daryl

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 11:11:57 PM »
Dang Yanks sent the cold weather up here now :( - it's -12C ( 10.4F) and going to -30C (-22F) over the next few days. Looks like we'll have some normal winter weather for a couple weeks.
This spring will be here!!!!!!!! :o
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline mony

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 01:04:26 AM »
“I like the stock profile better on this one. The other one isn't 'wrong" I just like this one better.”

I can’t explain it, but I agree. They are both gorgeous, but this one is more, somehow. Thanks for the pics.

Offline alex e.

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
I like it!
Uva uvam videndo varia fit

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
I like it!
Thanks all! If it ever warms up I'm going to shoot it! ;D A .38 1/2 sounds like fun and a good squirrel caliber.