Author Topic: Ken Netting fowler on the blog  (Read 4519 times)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Ken Netting fowler on the blog
« on: June 20, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
Nice gun with super clean lines, great example of Ken's work. I like it! ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline smokinbuck

Re: Ken Netting fowler on the blog
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 11:27:09 PM »
I've got several of Ken's rifles and I've never known nim to less than great work. And they shoot good also!
Mark
Mark

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
Ken was at the Log Cabin shop yesterday for the gunbuiding class and brought one of his fowlers.  It had a 52" barrel on it and was in the New England style.  He makes a fine gun that's for sure.  And there's no mistaking Ken's work for anyone elses.  I love what he does with the wrist area.  He is also a true gentleman and willing to help new builders.  He built a smoothrifle for me and I'm hoping to get at least one more from him.  Just can't make up my mind between a fowler or rifle.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »
I second that, Ken is one heck of a nice guy.  A friend of mine is trying to sell one of Ken's rifles for a lady friend of his who's husband passed away this year.  He had ask me to look at the rifle and tell him what I thought he could sell it for.  I acquired Ken's phone number and was able talk to Ken.  We had a very nice conversation and he was able to tell me when the rifle was build, all the parts on it, how much he made it for and on and on.  He was a wonderful gentlemen.  By the way, I think the rifle is still for sale.  It is a .45 caliber oct/rd walnut stocked long German gun. 
DMR

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »
Dave,
Sent you pm in regards to the Netting gun.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling