Author Topic: Father/Son fun  (Read 3863 times)

Offline b bogart

Father/Son fun
« on: June 20, 2009, 10:20:07 PM »
My son and I went to the range today. I gave him instruction on shooting a muzzleloader, both cap and flint. Yea that's right, he out shot me. Heck he even got the pleasure of dryballing :D. Just a beautiful morning too. He's 19 and as big as I am. He even shot my flinter, better than me! Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend the morning, unless I would have shot better than him ;)
Bruce

Harnic

Re: Father/Son fun
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:01:08 AM »
Sounds like a great time Bruce!  My youngest son (22) & I shoot weekly, & it's a treat to watch him improve.  He's been a regular shooting buddy since before his 4th b-day.  We always have a lot of fun & laughs.  I can still out shoot him with a scoped rifle, but pistols & any iron sighted guns, no way!  He regularly outshoots the "old man". ;)  

This picture was taken Tuesday, he's shooting my Ruger Old Army with very hot loads: Lee 230 gr conical & 35 gr Hodgdon 777!  1055 fps.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:47:59 AM by Harnic »

Offline RobertS

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:09:50 AM »
Happy Father's Day (almost) to both of you.  Thanks for sharing this with us-

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 04:30:11 AM »
My son and I try to get out to the range together at least a couple times a month, or more.  He's into the .22's and so I have ventured (re'ventured) that way myself over the years.

It's a sport we both enjoy together and we really enjoy the long range aspect of shooting these .22 rifles.  I'm talking out to 300 yards at gongs.  Modern shooting, yes.  Still, it's father and son at the range together supporting the shooting sports.

He use to shoot muzzle loading rifles with me and who knows, someday he may venture (re'venture) back in my direction of shooting.

No matter what, father/son fun is always fun! :) 

Jeff Peters

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:53:38 AM »
Best way to spend fathers day is with the kids...if your shooting with them all the better
Jeff

northmn

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »
I have a daughter that still likes to deer hunt at 18.  Really not into fun shooting as it seems like a waste of time to her, but she does keep red squirrels thinned out around the house (they like to get into the attic and run around at night which has kept her awake).  Sometimes she puts the corpses in the garage without telling me, which means they get ripe before I find them.  Still all kind of special.

DP