Author Topic: Hello from the Mountains of East Tennessee  (Read 5257 times)

La Longue Carabine

Hello from the Mountains of East Tennessee
« on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »
Well i didn't see a board for welcoming new members, so i'll just post up right here and say "Howdy Neighbors"... :) This look's like the spot i'll be spending most of my time on, while i'am visiting this site. So I look forward to learning & chatting with each and every one of ya'll... ;)

Offline Don Steele

Re: Hello from the Mountains of East Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
Howdy Pard....
I've cherished the time I spent in East Tennessee all my life. Wonderful corner of the world...just a little too far from the ocean for me to stay.
Enjoy your visits here. There's an enormous amount of knowledge, and helpful folks willin' to share. 
Look at the world with a smilin' eye and laugh at the devil as his train rolls by...(Alison Krauss)

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:00:44 AM »
Hello and welcome!  I'm here in middle tenn., the volunteer state is well represented on this board.
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

TNrifleman

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:32:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm also from Tennessee, but over on the Cumberland Plateau.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:08 AM »
Welcome!  This is a great forum if you are looking for information and expertise.  I'm from Ga. originally, not far from your area.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

C. Cash

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
Welcome! :)

La Longue Carabine

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »
Hello and welcome!  I'm here in middle tenn., the volunteer state is well represented on this board.
:o Well how bout that. I'am orginally from middle Tn. i was raise in Portland, where i graduated from Portaland High School in 1984. I lived in Hendersonville from 2000 until 2005, both in Sumner Co. prior to moving here to east Tn. What part of mid-tenn are you from??

La Longue Carabine

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 04:41:39 PM »
 :) Thank you guy's for such a warm welcome. I'am glad to see so many on here that are from Tennessee. I'am fairly new to the reenacting thing, but it seems like so much fun. I feel like a kid again playing cowboy's & indians. Only this time its playing Mountain Man and i'am all growd up and can get away with it without too many people thinking your just plain crazy... ;D Where are you guy's doing your trekking/scouting and is there a Rendezvous here in Tennesse?  Because i'd sure like to get involved in that,  to have someone to shoot with and go on some scouts with. Please let me know.

Thank you again,
Danny

Offline SCLoyalist

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
L-L-C,  I only get up to the Knoxville Area once or twice a year, usually to hunt Big So. Fork, so I'm not a real expert on E.TN shooting opportunities.  However, check the events board on this forum and there's a monthly flintlock shoot in Winfield TN (up near Oneida or Sunbright).  Blanket shoot, pre-1840 dress required.

French Broad LR over in Marshall NC ought to be within 100 miles of Knoxville.  They host a 3 day W. Carolina Offhand Championship July 10-12, if you like paper punching.  In Oct they will put on a 3 day primitive 'vous with woodswalk, seneca run, etc.  And, I'm pretty sure they have monthly matches as well.  (I saw your other post that said you're in Del Rio - that puts you 30 or 40 miles of the French Broad club.   If interested, I'll email you the club's POC's email address.)

For a longer drive, Davy Crockett Longhunters in Lawrenceburg TN has a 3 day April 'vous, and a 3 day Crockett Days 'vous in early August.  Good people, traders row, and good times in general, although since it's held in a State Park, the flatlanders can come and go at all hours.

There's probably other opportunities, but I'm down here in Panhandle FL, and those are all that I'm aware of.  SCL
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 06:30:47 PM by SCLoyalist »

La Longue Carabine

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »
L-L-C,  I only get up to the Knoxville Area once or twice a year, usually to hunt Big So. Fork, so I'm not a real expert on E.TN shooting opportunities.  However, check the events board on this forum and there's a monthly flintlock shoot in Winfield TN (up near Oneida or Sunbright).  Blanket shoot, pre-1840 dress required.

French Broad LR over in Marshall NC ought to be within 100 miles of Knoxville.  They host a 3 day W. Carolina Offhand Championship July 10-12, if you like paper punching.  In Oct they will put on a 3 day primitive 'vous with woodswalk, seneca run, etc.  And, I'm pretty sure they have monthly matches as well.  (I saw your other post that said you're in Del Rio - that puts you 30 or 40 miles of the French Broad club.   If interested, I'll email you the club's POC's email address.)

For a longer drive, Davy Crockett Longhunters in Lawrenceburg TN has a 3 day April 'vous, and a 3 day Crockett Days 'vous in early August.  Good people, traders row, and good times in general, although since it's held in a State Park, the flatlanders can come and go at all hours.

There's probably other opportunities, but I'm down here in Panhandle FL, and those are all that I'm aware of.  SCL
Thank you, i'll look into all that. I'am really looking for someone close by to get together with, so we can go do some shooting and maybe go on a scout or two with me. I've got probally the best 160,000 plus acres there is in Tennesse to go treking or scouting on, plus 200 acres of private land, that connects right onto the Cherokee National forest that we can explore on. There's just no one here that i can find that likes to do this sort of thing....archery is what rules around here.... ::)

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 05:43:12 AM »
Sorry for the slow reply,  I'm in dickson tn.  I have a brother in knoxville and I like to fish the tellico and hiwasse rivers so I am in the mountains fairly often.  Maybe we can burn some powder some time.
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!