Author Topic: AZWINS Shoot  (Read 1101 times)

Offline alacran

AZWINS Shoot
« on: March 05, 2019, 05:12:16 PM »
Just got back from the AZWINS Shoot in Phoenix AZ. First let me say I had a great time. The weather was FANTASTIC!  The temperatures were in the low to mid 70s. The wind was mild. The skies were mostly sunny.  We had a little drizzle Saturday morning which  turned to mostly sunny and warm by noon.
Had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. Of course I had a good time shooting and was really pleased with my pistol shooting. I also enjoyed the primitive matches which mostly consisted of a 25 shot trail walk ranging from 20 to 100 meters, with a challenging variety of targets. Also there was a Hawk and Knife event.
 The highlight of the shooting for me was watching my friend Pat Reed of Alaska shoot a 49x at 100 yards on the offhand line. Pat is 77 years old.
We were very pleased with attendance and consider it a success. We had at least 139 registrations. We have all ready reserved the venue for 2020.
Results will be posted on the azmuzzleloading.com. Hope to see and meet some of you next year.
A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.  Frederick Douglass

Offline little joe

Re: AZWINS Shoot
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 02:51:23 AM »
All that sounds like a pleasant weekend. The 77 year old shooting a 49x at 100 yds is great, makes me have hope.

Offline snapper

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 03:10:26 AM »
Excellent that they had a good turn out and even better with good weather.

Great job for your friend, that is some good shooting.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline trentOH

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:10:28 AM »
"Low to mid 70s". What's that? I've heard rumors of such a thing, but I don't believe gossip.

Seriously, I know what low 70s are. That's my score in a 2 match aggregate!