Author Topic: Ken Palmer brass locked Bedford  (Read 4833 times)

Offline T*O*F

Ken Palmer brass locked Bedford
« on: June 23, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »
Finally remembered to take my camera while visiting my brother in Indianola, IL.  He had this gun built around 30 years ago by Ken Palmer, who lived around Eugene, IN at the time.  It has a couple of interesting features for back then including a brass lock and a silver inlay in the buttplate.  It has a Getz barrel.  For your pleasure:

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Ken Palmer brass locked Bedford
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »
Nice.  I didn't know Getz was making barrels 30 years ago!  Must have been an early one.  Bet it still shoots great
Andover, Vermont

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:38:33 PM »
I didn't know Getz was making barrels 30 years ago!  Must have been an early one
Rich, that's why I said "around" 30 years ago.  My brother couldn't remember when he had the gun made other than he thought it was sometime in the early 80's.  It's a straight octagon barrel.  His memory isn't any better than mine.

I've never heard of Ken Palmer but I think he's supposed to be a renowned woodcarver now........not necessarily on guns though.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 09:59:46 PM »
Very Cool.  That piece of silver on the heal is neat.  That's how to get a good aging patina, just wait thirty years. ::) ::) ;D ;D :D :D

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »
Nice.  I didn't know Getz was making barrels 30 years ago!  Must have been an early one.  Bet it still shoots great
I think Don started in the late 70's. THAT IS 30 YEARS AGO NOW BOYS! ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »
I think Don started in the late 70's. THAT IS 30 YEARS AGO NOW BOYS! ;D

I have to agree Mike, Don has been at it for at least 30 years, if not more.

Randy Hedden
American Mountain Men #1393

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:08 AM »
Hey fellows, we made our first barrel in June of 1977.....let's see now, that's about 32 years ago, isn't it.   I did it for 20
years, along with three helpers, until it finally got too boring.............Don

billd

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 04:16:04 AM »
  ::) Too boring,  good one Don, you get a "ATTABOY" for that one.

Bill