Author Topic: Based on 194  (Read 1087 times)

Offline RockLock92

Based on 194
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:27:36 AM »
Finally got a chance to get some work done on my rifle. It’s heavily inspired by #194 in Mr. Ivey’s book and the contemporary pieces based off of it by Mr. Silver and Mr. Schell that have been posted on here with a touch of influence from a Herschel House rifle (Patchbox). It’ll be brass mounted and it’s got a cherry stock with an FCI .50 barrel and an early Ketland lock from Chambers. Really looking forward to finishing this rifle!

Offline Nordnecker

Re: Based on 194
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 03:08:54 PM »
Nothing like starting a new project! I don't have the book to see where your going with this.
"I can no longer stand back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids."- Gen Jack T. Ripper

Online Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 04:29:10 PM »
You'll need to round off the corners a bit. :P
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline RockLock92

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 08:47:27 PM »
Nothing like starting a new project! I don't have the book to see where your going with this.

The interpretation by Mr. Silver is on the top of this page. The interpretation by Mr. Schell is further down the page.

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=50924.75