General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Creative Ideas Needed!!!

(1/3) > >>

La Longue Carabine:
I'am looking for some "Ideas" on what i can use, other than an actual cone lathed out on a machine, (which i don't have)  to form the butt end on powder horns. I was told that most of you guy's here would be over flowing with some ingenious ideas and boy do i need them. So please let me hear what you got... :)

Thank you,
Danny

Black Hand:
Clay flowerpots (unglazed is best) or a large shotglass is what I have used.  The clay flowerpots work very well, are tapered and come in many different diameters.....

pulaski:
Try making one from a tapered square . Cut on a band saw .
Take it from 4 sides to 8 ..etc. etc.
Finish this with files , then sand paper or srapers . Should get you what you need .
It's slow but your only making one .
Thanks , Steve

James Rogers:
Look for an old bed post or table leg at the salvation army or a thrift store and cut off what you don't need.

Tim Crosby:
 Flower pots are a good idea but I like something I can tap in, find an old wooden baseball bat and saw it off in 4" increments.  If you drill a hole in the bottoms and put a piece of stout dowel in it you can clamp it in a vice and use it to work the horn.
 I'm sure Gary Elsenbeck will be here shortly, he had some sizer for sale at one time.

Tim C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version