Author Topic: July Magazines - 2 articles on gun builders  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
July Magazines - 2 articles on gun builders
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:45:30 PM »
The July issues of MuzzleBlasts and Muzzleloader have excellent articles on gun builders.  MuzzleBlasts have TC Alberts article on Mark Silver.  The cover and the magazing back have great photos of Mark's work.  Mark's current project, the high art jaeger in the article, was in Mark's booth at Friendship. It's amazing.

Muzzleloader has Mel Hankla's article on Hershel House.  This is another in Mel's series about the House brothers and the Woodbury school of gun-making.  Lots of close-up photos are included.  The barrel daisies bring back a memory of watching Hershel engrave at the Seminar years ago.  We saw him engrave a daisy with a ball peen hammer and a triangular file he snapped off and sharpened on a grinder, all the time carrying on a conversation about using common tools.

These two men are exceptional.  I hope you catch the articles.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.