Author Topic: Henderson Flintlock  (Read 5383 times)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Henderson Flintlock
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 09:38:05 PM »
Still own it!!!   Not really looking to sell it at the time!  Its safe and sound and still unfired!!!
How do you know it works? :o.....I thought you wouldn't buy a gun unless you could shoot it first.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline vanu

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »
well played Mr. Brooks...I have been following this thread and I almost spit my beer out when i read your most recent post....some play checkers, others play chess..your comment provided a cheerful de-stressing way to end a bad week...I hope the OP enjoys the ribbing...

Bruce

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 08:06:55 AM »
Still own it!!!   Not really looking to sell it at the time!  Its safe and sound and still unfired!!!
How do you know it works? :o.....I thought you wouldn't buy a gun unless you could shoot it first.

At least you were able to follow the thread. I’m still confused after reading it several times.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »

At least you were able to follow the thread. I’m still confused after reading it several times.
I excel at confusion as I'm always confused myself.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline snapper

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
I had a high end racing canoe.  A local guy, the editor of the paper was looking at it thinking about buying it.  He asked if he could take it out for a paddle.  I said sure and helped him load it.  I figured (wrongly) that he was going just down the road to the local park with a couple of reclaimed gravel pits to paddle in.

Two days latter he brought it back, left it in my yard all with extra scuffs on it when I was not home.  Seems he took it for a run on a river somewhere.  No he did not buy it.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 11:19:51 PM »
I really must be missing something with the OP.  I used to have a small gun shop, you know, buy, sell, trade, repair.  Bought hundreds of firearms or all types.  Sold them, too.
But I never had a customer want to "step out back and let me fire it a few times".  Nor did I try to shoot those firearms that I bought - would have kept me pretty busy!
People all the time eat a meal without taste-testing it first.  Unless they are royalty, and have an official "taste tester/poisonee".
Maybe that is why prisons have gotten away from the electric chair - no one wanted to be the one that "test fired" it!
Cleaning a ML gun isn't all that difficult or time consuming - water, maybe some soap, and some clean patches, then a wee bit of oil.  No disassembling required.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Martin S.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2019, 10:00:49 AM »
I would love to see some pics of the Bivens'.

Any chance you could post some?