Author Topic: Grip Safety  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Feltwad

Grip Safety
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »
Here in the UK the grip safety  was applied by several gunmakers such as Westley Richards .Samuel Nock, too sxs percussion  shotguns,I would be interested to know  was this type of safety used by gunmakers in the States.
Enclosed are images of a Samuel Nock patchlock converted to percussion  with grip safety.
Feltwad

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:16:09 PM by Feltwad »

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
Re: Grip Safety
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »
I have never seen a grip safety on an american made double. In fact, american made doubles are rare as hens teeth, most being english, german or belgian made with the American retailers name engraved on the top flat.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

rdillon

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
Very cool gun!!!!!

Offline Feltwad

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 10:15:39 PM »
Thank you for an answer to my question. It seems that the grip safety patent along with  patch lock and the tubelock stayed in the UK  and did not cross the pond.
Feltwad
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:17:04 PM by Feltwad »

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 01:14:47 AM »
It seems that the grip safety patent along with  patch lock and the tubelock stayed in the UK  and did not cross the pond.
Feltwad
Only on guns that were already made! ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?