Author Topic: Graf & Sonlllllllllll  (Read 1710 times)

Offline mushka

Graf & Sonlllllllllll
« on: July 05, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
Has anyone here used the Graf & Son black powder?  How does it compare with GOEX?  I'm thinking about trying it.

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
Re: Graf & Sonlllllllllll
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:07:15 PM »
I prefer Goex. Actually, I prefer Swiss but the latest prices are a ripoff.

Offline hortonstn

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 07:19:19 PM »
I've used it for several years I like it I think it is cleaner than goex seems to shoot about the same

Offline Gordy

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 03:26:41 AM »
Howdy, I am using Graf and Son now, was using O.E., but the Old Engsford just keeps getting more expensive. The G&S in my opinion tends to leave a little more powder fowling, and u have to use a little more of it to get the same velocity. Now that is comparing it with O.E. and not Goex. Again this is just my opinion and you know how they are.Just sayin.
Gordy

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:11:57 AM »
Graf's brand powder is made by Wano (says that on the can), part of the Schuetzen-Swiss family.  I have used it in a number of guns, it seems to produce slightly less MV than  the same granulation of Goex.  I have built a couple of rifles that shot the best with Graf's, one in particular was a .40 rb gun.  Fouling seems about the same as Goex.  Graf's powder is priced very competitively so it's worth a try.  I live about 60 miles from there and drive to the shop and avoid hazmat fees.  All brands they sell are priced pretty well IMHO.

https://schuetzenpowder.com/wano/

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Smokey Plainsman

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »
Stopped in to Graf’s on 70 a couple years back. Still got 4lbs left over. Thems a good peoples down thataways in ol mazoorah.