Author Topic: English Creek get together Iowa  (Read 1071 times)

Offline snapper

English Creek get together Iowa
« on: July 17, 2019, 03:43:52 AM »
September 27, 28, 29 is my 21st annual get together at my place in southern Iowa.  It is not a period correct event, in fact most people do not dress up, some sleep in modern tents or campers.  No electric hook ups however.

What it will be is a good time shooting at hanging steel targets at various yardages.   Some targets are challenging, some are much easier.  People that come really dont seem to want to have an organized shooting program, so we just shoot at will at what ever target we want.

Other shooting irons have known to show up.  I have a herd of 50 buffaloes that are great for a .22. 

We cook over the fire, do a bit of shooting, and share a drink or two.

I have plenty of fire wood and fresh water and plenty of camping spots.  On Sunday know one shoots.  Seems we get up, cook breakfast and most folks are on the road heading home by 11:00 am.

Shoot me an email if you are wanting more info.

If you have not come before, you might want to consider it.

afleener@yahoo.com
515 291 9208  cell
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline snapper

Re: English Creek get together Iowa
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »
This coming weekend is the event.

If you are planning on coming shoot me an email of when you think you will get there.

My cell is 515 291 9208

Art Fleener

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »
This coming weekend is the event.

If you are planning on coming shoot me an email of when you think you will get there.

My cell is 515 291 9208

Art Fleener
Doesn't the English have a good catfish population? Or is that the English river.....I think it's down there somewhere.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline snapper

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 05:10:35 PM »
English Creek will run 12' deep after a hard rain to dry in the middle of summer.  The only fish I see in it are minnows.

I do have two ponds that have nice channel cats just waiting to be caught.   Nothing like fried catfish over the fire in a cast iron skillet.  Mike if you come, we can do some fishing.

I am heading down there on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.   Will do some mowing since we have had quite a bit of rain in the past few weeks.

Fleener