Author Topic: Silver Sword Belt Plate for American Revolution Museum  (Read 911 times)

Offline tallbear

• Global Moderator
  • Mitch Yates
Silver Sword Belt Plate for American Revolution Museum
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:19:20 PM »
  This is a sterling silver sword belt plate I recently completed for an upcoming Exhibit  at The Museum of the American Revolution in Philadelphia. It's for the figure of Richard St. George when he served with the 52'nd.There are no known extant 52'nd buckles existing so descriptions and painting's were used for the  basis for this buckle.Here is a link to the upcoming Special Exhibit ...https://www.amrevmuseum.org/exhibits/special-exhibits/cost-revolution-life-and-death-irish-soldier?fbclid=IwAR0IXtloh7wCFUnV34EHBZZFlshy4uD2ma3Mu0b9BCcK-azV6jLucdm9q8g#utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=exhibit&utm_content=cost

Mitch

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Re: Silver Sword Belt Plate for American Revolution Museum
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:40:56 PM »
 Another beautiful piece Mitch.

Tim

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »
Man that is some sharp engraving Mitch.  I like the feel and style of the engraving as well.  I think you nailed it, and I am sure it will be appreciated for a long time to come.  Thank you for posting this, as I always love seeing your art sir.  God Bless,   Marc

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 04:51:47 PM »
Great work, Mitch!  And I'm sure the exhibit will be awesome as well.  I'd heard parts of St. George's story, but this will truly be fascinating.

I need to go visit my daughter in PA while this exhibit is on.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 04:02:05 AM »
Excellent, Mitch.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry