Offline heinz

Re: Jaeger
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2019, 12:17:11 AM »
Nice looking Jaeger.  Good work.
kind regards, heinz

Offline Monty59

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2019, 12:21:59 PM »
Now it looks much better ! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Monty

Offline Adrie luke

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 06:55:10 PM »
Today I returned the Jaeger to Hans Muller. It was an early Christmas present!
Hans told me it was exact what he had in mind and I believe he was very happy with it!
Some pictures of Hans with his Jaeger.

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »
Hans looks so very happy!  He has waited a long time for holding it in his hands.  Adrie, you have created a masterpiece for your good friend.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline DutchGramps

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
Indeed, I’m happy as a kid under the Christmas tree! Adrie did an excellent job, and I am grateful of this. Besides that, it will remind me of where I found during my working life that beautiful barrel, on a local market in Yemen, where it was lying between well worn Kalashnikovs, M16's, Turkish matchlocks and Mausers. The original 1815 lock by Casper Korte of Amsterdam, the city I was born 86 years ago. And even the ramrod tip is from a big piece of ebony I picked up locally in Cameroun....
I sincerely hope that Adrie will continue making beautiful things, and I will happily support him with all the spares I still have, knowing that I cannot wish a better friend to make good use of it!
Real bikes are kick-started....

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2019, 07:54:44 PM »
Are you going to be able to take the rifle out and actually shoot it, Hans?  What a joy that would be!
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline DutchGramps

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »
No Taylor, hardly possible in present day Europe, and particularly in the Netherlands! I am no longer an active shooter, and getting black powder is next to impossible, or you have to buy fireworks during only two or three days at the end of the year, which is not safe at all.....
About the Jaeger: I thought that Adrie should have his name on it, so I suggested "Adrie Luke facit" but he made something very modest, as you can see. It was hardly visible, so I had to rub in some black ink...

Real bikes are kick-started....

Offline t.caster

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »
It's been a fantastic story to follow. Thanks Adrie!
Tom C.